Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a group of six of us going and we are having trouble getting accomodation. Anybody else going?
Anybody know of a place to stay.
We are heading out on the Thr and coming back on the Monday.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its around the 15th May and yes it the northwest. Never been but apparently it a great drinking weekend!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We get the Ferry from Stranrar. Apparently its mental when you get to the other side and a couple of hundred bikes all start up in the hold. Loud as feck!!
Looks like we got a place in Port Stewart, bit steep but rather have something indoors after last years weather.
You going stmb? I know you Irish love the drink as much as Scots.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Dam thursday to Sunday, you bastards you will have some craic up there. Yeah ill defo be up but probably heading back to Dublin after the racing, might bring the ol tent just in case, but either way Ill be having a few as the day progresses. Must make sure n hook up up there.
Shay

·
Registered
46 Posts
yeah its an excellent weekend, lots of beer, people and bikes.

the track's really fast and the racing is just frightening, its that close and fast. youll have a great time.

if youre going on the standard ferry, not the high speed one, make sure you get there early as the one we were on didnt have any anchor points in the floor(the high speed one does) so you had to tie the bike to posts or whatever you could find, and there was no-where near enough places. knowing how to tie a haulage knot is a good idea as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you think the Northwest is frightening have you been to the Skerries!! Man that course is SCARY.Be going to both again this year,possibly the UGP too.Since Seacat in their wisdom have decided to axe the Heysham-Belfast route decided to go Holyhead-Dublin with Irish Ferries.Only £41.57 return on the Swift (90 min crossing).

·
Registered
37 Posts
stmb said:
Make sure an giz a holler when ur comming over for skerries,
We can hook up,

Great days racing allright, and the ulster gp was a corker aswell last year.
No problem.Missed the UGP last year.Hopefully catch it this year though.You road racing fans are really spoilt over there! I guess the nearest thing we have to a road circuit in England is Olivers Mount.The rest is short circuit stuff.Can't believe how quick the guys go round the Skerries course!Respect is due.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
The fact of being spoilt for road racing kinda makes up for the lack or F1 Moto GP and world superbikes in our back yard i suppose

Yeah its a handy one for a day out, usually only about a 10er in to,
I usually just go the morngi of the race and come back but think i might pitch a tent one or two of the races this year and get into the ral important part of the road racing calander

Shay

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its only a few weeks away now and I am getting excited already. Whoooo!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts