Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. Took the MSJ course (now that that's out the way)... Problem.

It's really simple. I used to be able to start it just fine (neutral, clutch, power button bamn!). Bu now, the thing churns like it's trying to roll over, but can't. Eventually I hear a serries of clicks. Also, after like a minute of having it on in Neutral (or just in the on position) the stats on the odo/speedometer will fade. I'm guessing it's the battery. What do ya'll say?

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
So the course wasn't too bad, huh? How did you do? Are you now confident in how to control a bike?

You got the process of starting the bike correct. It just needs a new battery.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The course went fine. I learned a lot, and learned that there's more for me to learn. Through advice on here, I plan to buy a lower CC bike (like a 80-150) to piddle around on.

Thanks ya'll!

Oh yeah- is there a FAQ on how to change one out or one on how to charge it? Can I charge from a car battery?

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
You can jump it from a car battery to get the bike started, but being that the battery is probably shot, you're better off just getting a new one instead of jumping it or push starting it every time you wanna fire it up.

Are you talking about the battery on the GSXR? If so, it is located under the seat. Just look at it, and you'll see its pretty self explanitory how to take it off using the supplied tool kit. All you need is one of the allen wrenches. Remove a screw on each side and lift the seat off. Then its just as easy as disconnect old batt. , lift out, and set new battery in. Then just reconnect.

But definately get a bike like a GS500 or SV650S till you can ride the piss out of it. You'll be glad you did. :thumbup

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! Mucho help! :cheers

av_fan said:
You can jump it from a car battery to get the bike started, but being that the battery is probably shot, you're better off just getting a new one instead of jumping it or push starting it every time you wanna fire it up.

Are you talking about the battery on the GSXR? If so, it is located under the seat. Just look at it, and you'll see its pretty self explanitory how to take it off using the supplied tool kit. All you need is one of the allen wrenches. Remove a screw on each side and lift the seat off. Then its just as easy as disconnect old batt. , lift out, and set new battery in. Then just reconnect.

But definately get a bike like a GS500 or SV650S till you can ride the piss out of it. You'll be glad you did. :thumbup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.