Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
41 Posts
er uh, maybe you did not read this paragraph:
Upon taking a closer look at the damaged Suzuki frame it is clear that the weld was inadequate as indicated by the photographs below. The break in right down the middle of the weld. Futhermore, when one takes a closer look at the weld it is clear that the weld had zero penetration for the majority of the welded area. "This all makes perfect sense now. This thing came apart on me at the top of turn one just as I was counter steering at well over 100 miles an hour entering the turn."

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry did'nt realize you guys were on the Director of AMA roadrace investigations team. I do find comfort in the fact that Suzuki gave you permission to release the findings of the investigation so soon. It just happened this weekend ! They advised Me to read their Privacy Policy for liability issues.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Frank, let me point this out to you--you're dumb.

It didn't just happen last weekend, it wasn't at an AMA event.

Try getting all the facts before you go spouting off.

The bike hit a wall at 100+ mph at which part it came apart. There were several witnesses to this. Experts HAVE already reviewed the findings and analyzed the frame and have determined that it was due to a crash impact.

Btw, we already have like 10 threads on this, we don't need one more from some moron like you claiming to be an authority on this.

·
Registered
303 Posts
It was a sanctioned AMA event. What experts? AMA ? They have'nt released any findings to date.

It was an MRA race not an AMA one if I'm not mistaken.
You are correct, it was an MRA event, the AMA has nothing to do with it.
+1....Frankie....you should really get your facts straight before you get loose with the mouth

·
Registered
493 Posts
put your handbags away girls and stop infighting

just be honest with yourselves - the K5 is the worst bike ever in terms of wall-hitting kudos

i saw steve Mcqueen jump an old war hack over a 30 foot fence @ 130mph in that film and that frame didnt crack - and that bloke in the film RONIN, who was tail ended by the chase car at a ton - his frame didnt crack either

bikes arent made like they used to be anymore and because of this global K5 problem - i wouldnt have a K5 if kylie was sat on it offering a free bike with every suck of her good tit

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Ease up on FrankC. It isn't his fault that Tail1 didn't do the investigating before they posted the article on their site.

He was just trying to bring up something he thought was interesting.

FrankC is not the author of the article.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.