Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alrighty, so we had our biker bash in kokomo, indiana and i strapped my gxr 600/1000 to the dyno. only shows horse but no torque. 4th gear roll on and i got 119.75 my motor is an 02 1000 crammed in a 01 600 frame. im wondering what is average. i have a bmc air filter not the race version.and stock pipe minus the butterly valve . i have a pc3usb on the floor but no money to map it so its just sittin there. my dyno chart is very up and down for the first 4 grand and they said it was innacurate cus im 3 up in the rear. how does a sprocket change horsepower anyways? same motor just faster thru the rpm's can any one tell me what and 01 or 02 thousand might be stock at rear wheel. and not off some web page. someone who actually has done thier's. thanks a bunch guys

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts
sprockets will not change hp, and 119 is very low for a 1k motor. usually they are making about 135-140rwhp sae. do a compression test and see what you come up with.

·
Registered
941 Posts
At stock 02 1k engine should make around 140 HP........

·
Premium Member
11,910 Posts
-1 Find another dyno
-2 Get rid of the BMC a/f, it's just costing you hp and messing up the a/f ratio.
-3 Install the pc and atleast try a map from the internet if you cant afford a custom map yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts