Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My K5 was having battery trouble. Took it to the stealer to fix and they put a nail in my BTO14 rear tire. Took it back and they gave me a Diablo. Now when I crack it out of a turn or to take a ride on one wheel it breaks traction.And yes it is scrubed in enough. Anyone else have this problem. Is the BTO14 a better track day tire? Thanks Marge,

·
Registered
338 Posts
Re: Not Liking the Diablow!!!

Let me get this straight......You still have a Stone on the front and a Pirelli on the rear????? WTF is that dealer thinking????? You don't mix tires like that!!!!!! And Yes He should have given you the Corsa!!!! I have Corsa's ( front and rear ) on mine and they are awsome!!!!!! Great traction .....EVEN AT THE TRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts

the bt014 is a better tire than the diablo, but not the diablo corsa. go back and see if you can get them to give you the correct tire.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I ordered a corsa, The diablo is for sale 50 miles on it $ 100.00. Scranton Pa, anyone close come and get it. It will be off the bike on tuesday.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts

I ordered a corsa, The diablo is for sale 50 miles on it $ 100.00. Scranton Pa, anyone close come and get it. It will be off the bike on tuesday.
Now you want to sell us the crappy tire that you've been sliding all over the place on?

LOL

·
Registered
623 Posts

Now you want to sell us the crappy tire that you've been sliding all over the place on?

LOL
+1

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Hey , Im sure there are some squids on here that can use a tire with some tread in the center!!! Uno for burnouts and stuff. It takes alot of rubber to put a smiley face on your local street.

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts

make sure that you change the front tire as well, don't mix-n-match tread patterns.

·
Registered
493 Posts

+1
diablo is equivalent to metzeler sportec m1

diablo corsa is a better tyre for your application

in motorcycle news (uk) recent tyre fest the diablo corsa was amongst the best tyre out there for road use

also posting a lap time of over 1 second quicker than the bt014 ss, the test bike was a gsxr 750 being ridden like a whore

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts

That tire should be fine for the street. What was the tire pressure?? Dealer set, or did you correct???

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

When I first bought it they had 48 in the rear. I always run 36 for the street-32 for the track.

·
Registered
37 Posts

I got new Diablos front & rear in November. Although they're much better than the BT010/012 rocks that came stock on my '01 on the street, they really seem crummy on the track. Even well warmed up I did two big unintentional slides on two different days. So I agree with you--I don't like them. I'm going to try the Pilot Powers next time. Although the Diablo Corsa may be perfectly fine, Pirelli's in my doghouse now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts