Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ladies, my girlfriend just got her license and her first bike. I want to get her a jacket but dont know anything about girl sizes what brand anything along those lines. Any advice would be excellent, thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unfortunately size varies widely based on manufacturer - look for a size chart that is brand specific.

If it's a surprise purchase go through her closet and look at the size clothes she wears and make a best guess. If it's not a surprise figure out measurements based on the manufacturer's size chart and go from there.

Buy the best jacket you can afford - watch out for gimmicky "style" type leathers - look for something with good quality shoulder, elbow, forearm, and spinal armor. Leather is always preferred but is at a higher price point. I find that perforated leather is very comfortable for hot weather riding.

Women's gear is improving as far as safety and quality while still being stylish.

My street jacket is Alpinestars leather (love it), previously owned a Joe Rocket Leather jacket (held up well in a crash), probably wouldn't buy another one though. I also own a Dainese 2-piece suit and a Spidi 1-piece suit (both excellent quality, used for both track and street duty).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinkin about going with the A* or a Joe rocket, you say you wouldnt buy another joe rocket? not as much protection or just A* is made better? I have no experience with either as i wear icon

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was thinkin about going with the A* or a Joe rocket, you say you wouldnt buy another joe rocket? not as much protection or just A* is made better? I have no experience with either as i wear icon
I just feel like the overall quality of the A* jacket is better - my Joe Rocket was several years ago and maybe they've gotten better. Brand loyalty and experience with the A* product just pushes me in that direction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts