Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So going through the tons and tons of videos I have I came across this. No idea where I originally found it and/or if has been posted here, although I'm sure it has, I didn't bother to search. Whether you learn something from the video or you're just old like me and admire the 1990 era bikes in their splendor and/or enjoy laughing at the squids, you'll enjoy this video. By the time this video was made, I was in my 3rd year of riding and still on my EX500.

Street Smarts circa 1990

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I remember the Honda commercial;had a buddy who would say "I'm getting that 600 Hurricane in the spring!!! and Im gonna fuck y'all up on your 750s,watch!..every time the commercial aired...it was a long fucking winter listening to him. :dissapointed

Well,just like he told all of us he would get one...he did. Bought a matching white/red Sergio Tacchini nylon sweatsuit& a new bottle of Drakkar Noir (y'all millennials prolly don't know WTF either of those are). Have to see of I can find the pics of him wearing it next to the bike....see pic below in the meantime....

Anyways,he crashed his new Hurricane whilst wearing that nylon sweatsuit,as he slid down the road the suit got super hot from friction,then melted onto whatever skin he had left on his forearms/thighs. Bike was totaled on cosmetic damage alone...he never rode again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
OUCH!!! Sucks he never rode again, that has never even crossed my mind to give up riding.
He did the next best thing,which was to buy a new sweatsuit and then a new IROC-Z :lol

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gotta have that track suit, was he a breaker by chance? I have some fond memories of the Camero IROC! I also loved the T-tops, thankfully I now have a car with T-tops and still love them.

·
Rectum Rupticus
9,918 Posts
I remember the Honda commercial;had a buddy who would say "I'm getting that 600 Hurricane in the spring!!! and Im gonna fuck y'all up on your 750s,watch!..every time the commercial aired...it was a long fucking winter listening to him. :dissapointed

Well,just like he told all of us he would get one...he did. Bought a matching white/red Sergio Tacchini nylon sweatsuit& a new bottle of Drakkar Noir (y'all millennials prolly don't know WTF either of those are). Have to see of I can find the pics of him wearing it next to the bike....see pic below in the meantime....

Anyways,he crashed his new Hurricane whilst wearing that nylon sweatsuit,as he slid down the road the suit got super hot from friction,then melted onto whatever skin he had left on his forearms/thighs. Bike was totaled on cosmetic damage alone...he never rode again.
Was he from Jersey? Just sounds like something someone from Jersey would wear and do back then. :spit:spit

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Was he from Jersey? Just sounds like something someone from Jersey would wear and do back then. :spit:spit
No,he was from NY....but he did rent a summer house down the shore in Belmar with his IROC-Z,Trans-Am&Mustang buddies :lol

My girlfriend at the time,her family owned a shore house in Point Pleasant and while down there for a weekend we decided to stop over and have a few drinks with the IROC boys....mullets were popular at the time and holy fuck is all I can say.....we left after 30mins but the combined stench of Polo,Drakkar&Obsession For Men cologne made us promise we would never go back and visit again :lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts