Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have an idea of what these things are worth? These are the original plastic ones, not the later fiberglass knock off that came to the market. I know people will pay stupid money now for the original plastic mid panel vents, carb vents, or the NACA ducts for the upper fairings, as long as they are the original Yoshimura plastic parts. None of the fiberglass copies are remotely the same.

That said, not all a lot of people would ever use the front number plates, as they aren’t much use on a street bike.

Any opinions as to their value? It’s filthy, from 35 years of indifferent storage, but it’s never been used.
Sculpture Artifact Art Relief Metal

·
Registered
115 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if someone paid $300. I've never seen one before and it has to be pretty rare. I just paid $385 for a NOS lower right cowl with blemishes. Prices have gone crazy the last couple years.

·
Premium Member
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are pretty rare. I was a Yoshimura dealer in those days and I never had one in my hands, either.

I have a used one for a second gen bike, it’s been collecting dust for about 30 years, I never have figured out who ran the number 589. I would imagine it came off of a supersport bike but that number doesn’t ring any bells. It’s in good condition, if you wash off the dust, a couple dead insects and the glue residue from an AMA tech sticker.

Someone with a second gen bike needs to make me an offer and take it off my hands.

Font Material property Automotive exterior Gas Symbol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts