Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchase a Dry nitrous kit with 2.5lb bottle from Schnitz Racing for my 01 GSXR 1000. The diagram they sent with the kit was for a Busa. Why would they do this I don't know, as if a Busa was only bike running nitrous. Talk with Tech. Ryan at Schnitz about how to wire the NOS to the starter button. Use only one side of nitrous arming switch to make connections. From starter casing find the 12volt wire yellow with green strip, cut wire and run 12 v wire coming from ECU to the top connector on arming switch, next where cut was made run yellow and green strip wire coming from starter button to middle connector, one of the two black wire coming from selinod, run one to the bottom connector of arming switch and the other to a good ground. With starter switch on and Nitrous switch arm bike not running (Test) Nitrous shoots into the airbox just fine when pressing on starter button, But when running bike down the street press on the starter button ,nitrous take to airbox then try to kill the motor after it takes. Need wiring diagram

·
Registered
919 Posts
it sounds like everything's hooked up correctly if the starter turns over and the nitrous in injecting into the airbox - your problem might just be that you're not at WOT - try hittin the freeway in third and then squeezin

·
Registered
49 Posts
if i'm not mistaken you have to richen up your power commander when using nos, i'd call ryan back and find out, he'll know what the problem is.

p.s. congrats on getting nos

·
Registered
849 Posts
If you are running under a 40 hp shot you should not have to richen up, and like said above you defintaly want to have it WOT when you hit the button

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
If you are running under a 40 hp shot you should not have to richen up, and like said above you defintaly want to have it WOT when you hit the button
are you kidding me
... your gonna let this guy blow his motor at your expense... dont give shitty advice if you dont know any better

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for responding, USB powercommander HIghs set + 2 to +3 bars richer which is recomended by SchnitzRacing. Running a 36 shot jet, on the airshifter with airfilter still in airbox.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Called SchnitzRacing Monday about wiring diagram for the Gixxer and found out that the diagram are the same as the busa. That's why the busa NOS wiring diagram was sent with the gixxer NOS kit. I only had the right side of the switch wired and needed to wire the left side of the switch with two more wires. Works great now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts