Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

9841 - 9860 of 9881 Posts

·
Deceptively fast Bob...
20,170 Posts
haha for sure. After you guys left I was almost back to 100% considering how hot it was.

I'll wait until tomorrow to hear how you're feeling, though.

Fortunately Paul had a much better day than you, me and Ernie.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,842
haha for sure. After you guys left I was almost back to 100% considering how hot it was.

I'll wait until tomorrow to hear how you're feeling, though.

Fortunately Paul had a much better day than you, me and Ernie.

Yeah for sure, I'm glad his first experience at the track was a good one. I'm fine, my middle toe is a bit purple and swollen but other than that I'm peachy. Best I can tell so far I'll need new right rear set, clip-on tube, fairing stay, windscreen, new frame sliders and some patchwork on the body to fix some of the cracks.

When I tried to start the bike it cycled the injectors and when I hit the starter it wouldn't fire so I'm not sure if the tip over sensor needs to be messed with or something else, but I'll figure that out later when I have some time.

·
Papa Johns Diaper Service...
2,831 Posts
I had a blast yesterday. The most fun I have had at Thunder in like 4 years, lol. Sorry to hear about your crash Kaz, glad you are ok. Last time I saw you, WE both had hair, LMAO. Thanks for the burgers, Bobby Boy, you missed the chicken that hit the grill after the burgers and dogs!

Ernie’s bike is totaled, he crashed in turn 10, the 2nd session of the day. Fairing stay and all the plastics and clipons. Sore thumb and elbow, very minor injuries considering how the bike looks!

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,844
Shit!

Yesterday as fairly busy crashing wise by the looks of how many times the truck went rolling out.

·
Deceptively fast Bob...
20,170 Posts
Ernie’s bike is totaled, he crashed in turn 10, the 2nd session of the day. Fairing stay and all the plastics and clipons. Sore thumb and elbow, very minor injuries considering how the bike looks!
I wasn't far behind him. I saw the end of the slide and watched his bike flipping and parts flying everywhere. I've never seen someone crash at that spot before. He must've given it some gas there, slid the rear, upset the front and tucked it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bob, why no just ask for help? I would have done your whole motor swap witb you for a few good beers...
you see this...this right here is proof that the whole world hasnt gone to shit and traditions hold strong. if your two wheels need help, only the guys that think the bike will get them laid are not gonna want to help. We get a favor from you just by helping. BEER IS MANDATORY. but there is a lot of class and culture in all the small niches that you can wind up in. Opportunities to learn more about your bike and find out what your gixxer is missing that the R1 has, and how horrible a busa really is. more than the beer, i just want to take it for its second cruz when finished. DEEP down we are all bike whores. Im only short riding the BMW. Its European and there are 2 near me. 1 Will break very soon. I own a mercedes i KNOW lol. instead of printing get peel off screen protectors and some super thin 1 mil plastic and use you computer. cause when in doubt you tube can walk you through it, (DO NOT TRUST THEM THOUGH) just pay attention to what the assebly looks like as you remove peices to duck surprises and drag a friend or two over, Its not moving, it' s playing with your passion or favorite hobby. others want to play with you. that was huge for such a simple statement and i appologize. im doing to much at once lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a blast yesterday. The most fun I have had at Thunder in like 4 years, lol. Sorry to hear about your crash Kaz, glad you are ok. Last time I saw you, WE both had hair, LMAO. Thanks for the burgers, Bobby Boy, you missed the chicken that hit the grill after the burgers and dogs!

i read the accident POV's and in my experience, he goosed the throttle hard. rather unlikely. brake till entering apex and steady roll on through the apex an throttle out as your at the spot to start coming out or the lean. or, another was a brake tap, again unlikely, that was not a tap. that is the absolute best and fastest way to tuck the front. beleive me on that, i literally just had a lock up. on the rebuild i absolutely suggest going thuroughly over the brake lever and the actuator/plunger..also a fluid swap and the other obvious.. I m convinced you brakes grabbed given what ive read

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,850
Well isn't this just a lovely little facelift

Me no likey, not yet anyway :-/

·
Deceptively fast Bob...
20,170 Posts
Well isn't this just a lovely little facelift

Me no likey, not yet anyway :-/
I like it. Would be better if we could get rid of the shit on the right hand side of the screen, though.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,856 (Edited)
Even though my other suit is still quite useable after the crash, Brandon put up another of his barely used custom suits so I decided to grab it since we are sized nearly identically...apparently this was the suit he was going to race the Suzuka 8hr's in before he got injured.

·
Papa Johns Diaper Service...
2,831 Posts
Ernie decided to go in another direction and got a Ninja 400! He has joined the little bike gang. He still has the other 750. Still waiting on insurance to see what they will pay out on the crashed 750.

Next up is Shenny and Summit Point in sept with Evolve. Hope to see Bob and Rich there.

Not feeling the new forum look either.

·
Deceptively fast Bob...
20,170 Posts
I don't know how to multiquote on here, so...

Tom! What's up? I thought we'd see you this year.

Kaz, seems like you buy suits more than you ride now haha

John, makes sense that Ernie got a 400 since you guys always ride together and you're always talking about how easy it is to ride. I'm done for the season, Rich can't do weekdays right now, so we won't be at Summit

·
Not the powers that be, not even close.
23,080 Posts
I'll hopefully have a permanent garage to start using this winter. Everything's been in storage since I sold my house ... storage in Cape May, so it's been difficult when I now live in Flemington. The SV needs a few things, like mounting the steering damper, new front brake caliper pistons and seals, and finish safety wiring a couple things.

I'm off work Wednesday/Thursday right now and I'm looking forward to a change to either Friday/Saturday or Sunday/Monday off. I'll also have more vacation time next year, since it's been 2 years of service at the new job now. Time flies, I remember posting in here after I sold the house and was interviewing for a new job.

I guess the only good news is I've improved the financial side of things for myself lot. I make more, work a lot of overtime, spend less, and put a lot away. I cut out a lot of unnecessary and expensive things I really didn't need in life and I have been really focused on the future.

I miss seeing everyone and I'm really coming back one day. I want to do at least one trackday at NJMP in 2020. Wow, 2020 is here already?

9841 - 9860 of 9881 Posts
About this Discussion
9.9K Replies
89 Participants
1/4milecrazy
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing