Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, I tell you that I have a suzuki gsxr 1100 93, and I have the following problem, with the engine regulating a knock is heard in the area of ​​the alternator where the clutch gears are starting, disappears when ups of laps, also when leaving a noise is heard as a chain but disappears when it goes faster, I have said two possible problems, 1- the gear package where the starter motor and alternator or 2 clutch basket , Thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its a common problem on the 1100 water boiler, on mine it was the large bearing that the starter clutch runs on that had worn it allows things to move about and make clunking and whining noises. Take out the starter clutch / alternator drive Assembly and spin it by hand if its noisy and tight, i.e. doesn't spin freely it need's replacing. I replaced the whole unit on mine with a secondhand one for £40 and its fine now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Northernbloke
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing