Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Appreciate any suggestions I can get;
It's a 96 750T
The engine revs fine up to about 8000 and then slowly climbs up to about 11000 and wont really go much further. Botten end power is pretty much normal up to about 7000 but nothing much happens after that. It idles fine and revs fine in neutral.
I've checked the coils for resistance and they seem fine and I've just finished overhauling the engine thinkning that the compression may have been low (re-seated valves, new rings, valve seals, head and base gasket).
Checked the feul pump for pressure and its fine, plugs are new, oil and air filter is new. Headers and pipe are completely free of any junk...

I am now completely at a loss and as to what it could be and anything that anyone can suggest would be awesome!
Thanx in advance

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Sound like a carb problem take apart cleean it up and while your in there check to see what main jets your running maybe incorrect since your refrsh of bike. Give examples does it boggs or just cut out? does it do it alot before or after it warms up or all the time check make sure all connection and vaccum is connected. Just some of the things i would check

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
does it 'feel' though its missing, or going on 2 or 3 cylinders and generally crap above those revs ?? if so, i'd look at the battery condition, and charge it if low.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for that guys... most people I've spoken have suggested carbies, and I have looked at them before, but I will definately do it again (very thoroughly!) I have tried putting a fresh black box in it but that made bugger all difference. Its definately not running on 2 or 3 cylinders, as it has plenty grunt down low. Its basically normal up to 8 grand. From there on in the revs climb slowly (with the throttle held right open)and there no power. I guess Icould say it "feels" like it's not getting enough fuel. The never cuts out though, even I try to ride it hard, it will always idle very smoothley... anyway, I'll see how i go on the carbs!

·
Registered
23 Posts
8000rpm that sounds like the main jets to me because this is the range that they really come into play. Has it been messed around with, sounds like after you have cleaned the carbs and checked what main jets you have fitted, you better get it dynoed. It sounds like you have checked most of the other things that might be giving you the problem.

cheers
Sean (Oxford UK)

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Have you done something as easy as new plugs? You might have a plug that is going bad and can not fire that fast, or has a crack in the top and with the viration at the high RPM it makes it stop firing.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts