Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I went to turn on my bike and noticed it had a dead battery. I believe that one of my nephews started messing with the key ( i leave the key in the ignition: garage) and left it on and so the battery died. I took it today to autozone to get a charge but the bike will not start. It doesn't even sound like it wants to start. I kept trying to start it but the battery started getting low so I had one of my friends get on it while I pushed him to see if it would kick start like a car. At least then I sounded like it was going to start but nothing.

The bike had not been started in about a month to a month and a half. Never had any problems starting it before.

I am a noob and have no idea where to start. Never had any issues with my bike before. Any and all help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Out of curiosity, what does the gas smell like? If the gas has gone bad on you, that might cause it to have some issues starting.
Oh, and if you happened to sit there with the starter cranking and cranking and cranking on a weak battery... well, that can kill a starter. Learned that on the four wheeled side of life...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Out of curiosity, what does the gas smell like? If the gas has gone bad on you, that might cause it to have some issues starting.
Oh, and if you happened to sit there with the starter cranking and cranking and cranking on a weak battery... well, that can kill a starter. Learned that on the four wheeled side of life...
The gas smells good/right. I rode it through the winter (im texas not to cold). The battery was completely dead no light at all so i took it to autozone they charged it and it still would not start. So if I did kill the starter thats now another issue.

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
Sounds like your not getting fuel or your not getting spark. Check your Fuses and plugs.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
is your fuel pump even priming when you turn the key on?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Odly enough it started today. Since the battery was starting to loose power I connected some jumper wire to my civic and it started right up.

However yesterday when I tried to start it the battery did have 12v (i tested it prior to starting it) and nothing but now with the jumper cables it started right up. It idled for a few seconds and then died. After a few seconds I started it again and it started right up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
gsXsP3edD3m0n
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing