Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I layed my bike down on the right side and now I’m not getting spark into my plugs and they are pretty dry. I’ve checked a lot of my harness and I’m getting power into the parts I need to. Checked the primary on the coils and all good (having trouble checking the secondary). I’m pulling a c42 and I’ve already replaced the ignition switch. Checked the starter, starter relay (wasn’t pulling power from my negative on the starter relay). Cranks but not starting. Any help?

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Buy an aftermarket ignition Bob?
If so......Buy Oem used one. New is pretty pricey. Could have cleaned the old one up maybe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one I bought I got from a local bike shop that they ordered and it was guaranteed

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That I’m unsure of, but the shop is one of the biggest one around here where I live for working on street bikes so I’m hoping they knew what they were doing

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I do smell bullshit...So maybe somebody else wants to help you hotwire this bike.
My apologies if i'm wrong, but ignition issues as a first post is def a huge red flag.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well unless they let me into their garage to do a little hot wiring with the bike completely disassembled story isn’t bullshit. Although I do know how these threads get especially with this type of issue because of the ignition switch and everything. I’ve read enough of these forums trying to figure this out pick up on that concern from others, if you’d like other forms of proof I do have title insurance to show as well

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If anyone is hesitant on helping me for the fact they think I’m trying to hotwire my bike, I’ll send pictures of my title, insurance, ID, and I’ll even send you a selfie with the key in the ignition and the bike on (obviously I’ll scratch out my personal info but you will have enough proof to show ownership of the bike). And I’d like to apologize if my first thread came off a bit sketchy.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Personally...if a bike is stolen makes no nevermind to me......Whats done is done. The sketch part is explaining in detail on an open forum how to do it...
Could lead to more. The other thing is that folks don't seam to understand....most has been discussed already.
Having said that...your response just now convinced me. Not that, that means anything ,but Js
So you seam to be displaying signs that ignition isn't there...partly anyway.
Hence why I asked if an Oem ignition was used? Doesn't sound like it, but if you had the bike running on it. ...might not be the problem. Wiring, and plugs to ignition Need to be checked cleaned,.and should be packed with dielectric grease for good measure.
Fuel pump not working, and not getting spark can also be Ecu issues....or tip over sensor.
You have the ignition fault code so start there. Are you handy,.or would it wiser at this point to reconsult the shop that bought the ignition maybe? Could have perished inside from crash.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,837 Posts
Measure the voltage on the O/Y lead from the ignition switch to the ECM, with everything connected and the ignition switch on. It should be somewhere around 6-8 volts. If it's 0 or 12 volts, there's something wrong with the switch or the wiring.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Slow I’ve done the override on the f1 code and pull the c42. I have tested the wires in the ignition switch as well as the starter switch where I put my key in and was reading good on all wires (O/Y wires was good). Now when I was checking the starter relay I was reading off the positive wire but not on the negative one, the 30A fuse was reading off both sides of it. The clutch relay read good and the starter read good. Now I don’t have a means of testing the diodes for the switchstand relay.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,837 Posts
"Reading off" and "reading good" isn't very informative. It's hard to tell what you did. We need some voltages and/or resistances.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So as far as voltage goes I just used a 12v tester to check to see if power was making it to the connectors. But I’m no mechanics and the only reason I was trying to fix it because it has taken over a month to get it in the shop, but I did get a phone call yesterday and I brought the bike in today so when they fix it I will post a reply on what was actually wrong and the action that was taken to fix it. I do appreciate everyone’s help though

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update: turns out the pins in the starter were corroded which was keeping it from sending spark to plugs along with a couple shorts in some wires (one being in the actual starter and another somewhere along the harness.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Im sure there is more to this "problem/story" than OP has written and there is, in most cases absolute no need to replace the ignition switch as long as its not been damaged.

Based on "layed my bike down" - was the "cut out" relay ok - the side stand switch, the neutral switch or the clutch sensor/switch? Given the lack of info on "dropped on the left side or the right side", these are the primary suspects.
You might also want to check the "start/run" switch on the right hand control unit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts