Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike just quit while riding.have fuel,pump primes.changed the coils,plugs,stator, rectifier,signal generator, relays, ignition,and Ecu...told it's a ground somewhere...throws code C-24,C-25,C-26,C-27....any info with what wires to check and where would be a great help

· Registered
GSX-R750
441 Posts
Man you replaced a ton of parts without checking for spark first? All those codes are just for each individual ignition on each cylinder, so when they all get thrown, yeah there's probably just a bad wire or worn plug that's causing your issue, not all those components...

The shop manual starting on page 9-19 to 9-20 runs through the wiring inspection to check for when these ignition related codes come up. It basically runs through all the troubleshooting to fix a no-spark condition. Do that if you have no spark.

-Mike

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man you replaced a ton of parts without checking for spark first? All those codes are just for each individual ignition on each cylinder, so when they all get thrown, yeah there's probably just a bad wire or worn plug that's causing your issue, not all those components...

The shop manual starting on page 9-19 to 9-20 runs through the wiring inspection to check for when these ignition related codes come up. It basically runs through all the troubleshooting to fix a no-spark condition. Do that if you have no spark.

-Mike
I don't have a manuel
Are you running a Quick shifter or Power Commander by any chance?
No it's stock

· You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
11,117 Posts
C24 to C27 is the ignition signal for the four cylinders. That's commonly associated with a faulty connector. Look for something that's common to all cylinders. That could be the ECM connector or power to the coils. I think there's also a distribution block for 12 V to the coils that sits around the coil connectors and looks like a half connector with at black cap. You could use a needle to probe the coil connectors and measure the voltage there.

There's a ground connector from the crankcase to the wiring harness. It's somewhere in the vicinity of the battery ground cable, possibly where it's bolted to the crankcase or at the battery's ground terminal. But I'd expect there to be many more error codes if it was bad.

· Registered
319 Posts
^^ I agree with the above.

Check for 12v at the coils, and then work back from there.
There should be 12v at the (G)ray wires of the coils, with everything turned ON and engine ready to start.

(You will need a multimeter.)

· You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
11,117 Posts
IMO the service manuals aren't well organized on the C24-C27 error. In yours, page 4-44 just refers you to the ignition system section on 9-19. But the Malfunction Code and Defective Condition summary on 4-24 states "CKP sensor (pick-up coil) signal is produced, but signal from ignition coil is interrupted continuous[ly] by 8 times or more." and to check "Ignition coil, wiring/coupler connection, power supply from the battery." It seems to me that this information ought to also be on 4-44. Furthermore, unless you're also seeing a C12, this indicates that your CKP sensor is probably OK. I'd also be happier if "wiring/coupler connection" was changed to "wiring/coupler connection including at the ECM". Yours isn't the only manual that does this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts