Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike runs good. headlights, turn signals, brakes lights etc all work but entire gauge cluster does not. I unplugged the gauge harness and there is no power on any pins. All fuses good. Any thoughts?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,781 Posts
You need a service manual. The wiring diagram in it should make it easy to figure out where the problem is. Fuses can look OK but be bad so check them with an ohmmeter. The parts diagram seems to show a forward harness that somehow attaches to the main. I see a large shroud on the main that may be where things connect. That's a source of problem in later years as the unsealed contacts corrode. Possibly something like that is going on. But these are just guesses as I'm not familiar with the oilers.

·
idiot
2,572 Posts
I'm agreeing with the guy above and suggesting that your problem may specifically be a broken/corroded (in the connection block) negative wire that returns to your battery negative from your instrument cluster.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I'm agreeing with the guy above and suggesting that your problem may specifically be a broken/corroded (in the connection block) negative wire that returns to your battery negative from your instrument cluster.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts