Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi thinking of purchasing a k9 1000. My only problem is the bike is running fine with aftermarket exhaust. And the guy who has it says everything was fine now the fi light is on and it won't show mileage this has been noted on mot. He has sent me video of it running shows fi light between showing the time. Non of the adjust buttons working and showing no mileage any one have any ideas to put me in right direction as to what can/could be wrong. He bought bike with mods already done and says when bought fi wasn't on and everything worked fine. Now no mileage or able to adjust. Any ideas anyone thanks

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,461 Posts
The K9 cluster is different than my K6 and, though they're similar, the details are not the same. I think that the FI indicator comes on if there's a fault in the FI system or the steering damper. Put it in dealer mode to get the error code, which I gather is currently alternating between FI and the time. Failed steering damper connectors are relatively common and that may be what's happened. I'm more concerned with no mileage and the buttons not working. Do the other indicators (turn signal, gear position, high beam, neutral, low fuel) work? The bike may need a new cluster as, since the FI/time display is working, it sounds like it's getting power. You really need to take the bike to a dealer to figure out what's wrong. As I understand it, the MOT keeps a record of the mileage at inspection so you ought to be able to find the mileage when the odometer was working.

P.S. If the cluster has gone bad, someone like bluegauges might be able to fix it. But he's in the US.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts