Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked all over the place and I can't find anybody who has pants that seem like they're going to be long enough to fit me. I don't know of any dealers around here so that I can try pants on, but I need to find some good leathers that will fit me. I'm about 6'4" 205 lbs and wear something like a 36/38 waist and I have about a 34 inseam. All of the pants I've seen seem to run to a MAX of 33 inseam, and that's few and far between. I mean, I know racing may be for shorter (than me) people, but I need some good leathers to save my a$$ in the event of a spill. Somebody please help.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
I've looked all over the place and I can't find anybody who has pants that seem like they're going to be long enough to fit me. I don't know of any dealers around here so that I can try pants on, but I need to find some good leathers that will fit me. I'm about 6'4" 205 lbs and wear something like a 36/38 waist and I have about a 34 inseam. All of the pants I've seen seem to run to a MAX of 33 inseam, and that's few and far between. I mean, I know racing may be for shorter (than me) people, but I need some good leathers to save my a$$ in the event of a spill. Somebody please help.
If your really looking for good leathers, you might consider having them custom made. It's not gonna cost you a LOT more than a decent set of new ones, and they'll fit much better. If there isn't anywhere local that does it, I'm sure some others can recommend good online places that will custom make a set off of your measurements... Just make sure your measurements are right! No returns on custom leathers..

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good deal.

Next dilemma....who makes custom leathers?? I'm fairly certain of my sizes. (My mom's a professional seamstress and has been sewing for like 25 years or something). She's just not one who I'd want to make leathers for me to possibly wreck in, know what I mean?

Thanks for your input.

(Damn, sometimes it sucks being tall)

·
Mama Bear
17,836 Posts
it's hard finding stuff long enough fro girls too, my icon jacket rides up in the sleevs and I always have to buy extra long pants in jeans....still haven't tackled the leathers problem with pants yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts