Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had both my hi and low beam go out at the same time. I had an his that a guy had when I bought the bike from him. I was on my way to work when the ballast fried or shorted out either way it took both headlights. So I figured it the fuses were blown, but they both tested good. So I got a test light. And the fuses are good lol , and I also had continuity at the pins on both harnesses. So now I am even more confused if there is power to the harnesses and fuses why won’t the bulbs work? I have all other lights. Tails,signals,led running lights. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so they are aftermarket HID's?

have you tried the bulbs yet?

check the ballast wiring completely
It was an aftermarket led in the low beam. I took it out and tossed that. I have 2 brand new led for the high and low. And no they will not work. They don’t turn on at all. I’m talk mind about the high and low beam plugs have juice and the fuses are good. I’m trying to figure out why with good everything it seems why they don’t kick on?

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
4,143 Posts
What voltage are you getting at the plug itself?

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
welp you say "ballast", LED's do not use a Ballast.. many good kits have an adapter with a controller to run the fan and LED at different voltages ohms so forth but no ballast..

you didn't plug in LED's to a HID setup did you?

the style you want to get both hi and lo have a fan, so it will have an adapter for your style H5, H7 whatever and that inline lead will have a small controller inline..

people try tossing a regular LED into the socket cuz it fits nad end up suffering, you want to get a kit designed for your bike specifically.. toss any "universal types without fans, quiet fans, you will pay about $200 fora decent quality dual Cree XHP emitters with ultra quiet fans, I have like 5500 lumens on lo 7500 lumens for hi and its pure white like all the cars have..

if you were on the moon and had a telescope you could see me riding around at night... no jokes

post pics of your setup

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
welp you say "ballast", LED's do not use a Ballast.. many good kits have an adapter with a controller to run the fan and LED at different voltages ohms so forth but no ballast..

the style you want to get both hi and lo have a fan, so it will have an adapter for your style H5, H7 whatever and that inline lead will have a small controller inline..

people try tossing a regular LED into the socket cuz it fits nad end up suffering, you want to get a kit designed for your bike specifically.. toss any "universal types without fans, quiet fans, you will pay about $200 fora decent quality dual Cree XHP emitters with ultra quiet fans, I have like 5500 lumens on lo 7500 lumens for hi and its pure white like all the cars have..

if you were on the moon and had a telescope you could see me riding around at night... no jokes

post pics of your setup
No it was a cheap HID in the socket with 2 prongs that went into each side of the plug cus you can’t just plug the hid or led plug into the stock socket. But the ballast for the hid was making a zapping sound then just went out and took the high beam with it. I removed the hid the next morning and tested everything. I have 2 new led to put in it but must need an adapter for the low beam. I’m lost with it right now to be honest lol

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
look at a stock headlight loom for your bike, ebay whatever, make sure you have the exact same, get rid of all the HID stuff, if its been butchered up you may want a new headlight loom..

then you want to search for an LED kit for your exact fit bike, they can be tricky cuz sometimes a car "H7" style LED will fit but not fit the boot or have the right clearance or whatever, and you do want fans of course, dual CreeXHP50's at least or will be uber bright

the kit for my busa was $169.00 usd or thereabouts

each hi and lo beam should look like this pic below and fit everything, the headlight stock boot, you should have clearance, and the plug end plugs right into your stock socket and then you heat shrink it for protection or good kits will have a boot you roll over it and boom.... real easy to install but look for a kit specifically for your bike, stray from ebay and cheapie chinese kits..

cyclopsadventuresports may be able to set you on the right path or even have a kit

Camera accessory Audio equipment Gadget Cable Gas

this is for one or it may be a dual hi or lo depends on your setup, some bikes have seperate hi and lo beam lights altogether like a left and right, some have seperate that are stacked, some have the hi and lo on a single bulb, and some have 2 hi and lo on same stick like some cars use..

so sort that and be sure to match that up, as I said a kit made specifically for your bike is optimal but if no one makes one then you have to piece it together, not hard you just need to know what you have to determine what you need, reputable bike shops or online stores who offer these should be able to set you up..

is there no one in the 07 600 forum that's done this mod? curious.....

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
also go for the quietest smoothest fans possible, that's where the money comes in, getting quality components that last and fit proper

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

post pics of your setup

post pics of your setup

post pics of your setup
Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
what's the other end of that tester connected to?

you cannot remove your plastics and nose piece to get in this thing and show us exactly what all you have and or do not have? a pic of a tester lit up touching ground is no help, specially when we have no idea what the other end is connected to?

and if you could remove the headlamp loom and stretch it out see whats what will help..

is the other end of the tester plugged into the headlamp lead? key on or off?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what's the other end of that tester connected to?

you cannot remove your plastics and nose piece to get in this thing and show us exactly what all you have and or do not have? a pic of a tester lit up touching ground is no help, specially when we have no idea what the other end is connected to?

and if you could remove the headlamp loom and stretch it out see whats what will help..

is the other end of the tester plugged into the headlamp lead? key on or off?
It’s connected to the form stem for ground.the key is off. I am new to trying to diagnose a motorcycle so I’m sorry if I’m frustrating. I can take all the plastics off yes. I will put some pics up of what I have. I pulled on it to stretch it out and it all looks pretty normal I don’t see any breaks I’m the wires. There’s some electric tape on some of them. I bought the bike as a project and it’s been exactly that. I like it it’s a fun bike to ride which is why I haven’t given up yet.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
yea thats why its good for everyone to see exactly what you have, black tape is a sing its been tapped into and maybe changed for the HID kit? go easy it will get there, these things take time you want it done right so it lasts...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts