Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
GSXR 600 2008
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When replacing the fuel filter, I noticed that only one pipe comes out of the tank vent and goes under the engine.
There was nothing connected to the other corner.

I started to rummage in the manual, the drawing shows that the EVAP canister with wires is missing.

The wire coming out of the tank 5, 7, 8, 9 and 10 is exactly missing, I cannot locate it either. 6 is but it's a different layout.
I found such a cable under the tank, but it's not hooked up anywhere. The single tube goes under the engine and the double end towards the fuel tank. It's not even in the manual, so I don't know what to fit it to.

I would like to add that this is my first bike that I bought in December, hence so many unknowns. I don't know if the previous owner made any modifications and what they can be used for.
The question is whether this EVAP system is needed because the motor smokes normally and drives during the test drive, it did not show any disturbing symptoms.
Maybe someone will tell you what this tube that I found under the tank may be for.
Sorry for my English.
Thanks in advance for help

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,251 Posts
First, verify your market had an evaporation system. In that same diagram you can see that there are two air hose systems. One for the IAP (intake air pressure). This is a small hose system that splits to all four. The evap system is an entirely separate set of hoses on the throttle body. You should look and see if those are there. If they are, they should be plugged. If they don't exist (and there's no barb to hook them up), you have a non-evap system bike.

For non-evap system bikes, there are still three hoses coming from the bottom of the tank. 1 - the fuel supply to the throttle body. 2 - the fuel tank vent. 3 - the drain for the area around the the fuel neck.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,902 Posts
The EVAP system was only present on E-33 (US-Calif) models. Someone in Poland is unlikely to have one. See 1G-3 in the service manual. Suzuki doesn't explain things very well. Coming up from the bottom of the bike, the breather hose reaches a tee where hose #4 branches off while the original hose continues upward as #2. Both pass through clamp #6. The #4 hose just ends 30 mm past the clamp (?) while the #2 hose attaches to the bib on the tank.

At least that's how I see it.

·
Registered
GSXR 600 2008
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you for the quick reply. I removed the tank to get a better look at the hose. And there is actually only the IAP chip. Four black wires with a white stripe come out from around the spark plugs, join into one, and this one ends at the IAP sensor. There is no trace of the EVAP system.
I recorded a short video

Does anyone know what this tube is?

One more question whether to connect the hose to the second corpse that comes out of the tank and lead it under the engine?

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
typically EVAP wont effect your engine performance at all, it basically filters the fumes out the gas tank when it reaches a certain pressure..I know right, I do see the IAP sensor is connected to your model tho?

·
Registered
GSXR 600 2008
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the AIP chip is connected. I was worried after finding the unconnected tube which is in the picture above. And that one exit from the fuel tank is also not connected. I thought it was from the EVAP chip.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,902 Posts
There seems to be a language problem here. Those are black with white stripe hoses not wires. See the picture in the lower right corner of 1D-11 of the service manual for their routing (as well as other drawings and pictures). Similarly I sense that your "chip" is actually a connector and "corpse" is a hose bib. Yes you should connect it.

·
Registered
GSXR 600 2008
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes you are right I meant hoses not wires.
The drawing on page 1D-11 confirms that I do not have an EVAP system.
Thanks to everyone for your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts