Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey my company is considering getting a nitrogen machine and just wondering if any of you have tried it and if so, how did it go and what psi would i run for a set of pp's?? thanx in advance guys!:cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
my GUESS is that you would run the same pressure as you would normally run. The benifit is that the Nitrogen is less affected by heat/cold and is bigger than air so you tire pressures will be more stable and less likely to get low.

Tire pressure is affected by cold quite a bit. It's shouldn't affect Nitrogen like that.

Not sure about the weight diff.
 

·
Chubby Chaser
Joined
·
57,844 Posts
trogers013 said:
weight.... its alot lighter... my friends use it on their bike and they said they notice a slight difference and it feels like there floating

Is that right? And just how much does the typical air volume inside a tire weight?

:biggrin
 

·
big floppy donkey dick
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
i tried helium once, anything over seventy and i couldnt keep the bike on the ground, talk about an experience!!:wacko

oh and you definitely want to go with the semi-synthetic nitrogen, the full synthetic would create numerous vortexes within your tires due to its extreme lack of viscosity, potentially causing a negative pressure to be built up within your tires. the results of this could only be devastating!!!!!:eek:hmy :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
vaa said:
my GUESS is that you would run the same pressure as you would normally run. The benifit is that the Nitrogen is less affected by heat/cold and is bigger than air so you tire pressures will be more stable and less likely to get low.

Tire pressure is affected by cold quite a bit. It's shouldn't affect Nitrogen like that.

Not sure about the weight diff.
thanks.


for the others:lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
disregard these idiots that have no idea about anything. the reason nitrogen is used is because it is very dry (no humidity) which means the pressure in a tire will change very little when temps change. an example where it is used is in aircraft tires at pressures over 200 psi. they go from 60 below zero at 40000 feet to getting very hot when the aircraft lands. presssure diff is minimal between the 2 temp extreems. now you know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
Coffeecup said:
disregard these idiots that have no idea about anything. the reason nitrogen is used is because it is very dry (no humidity) which means the pressure in a tire will change very little when temps change. an example where it is used is in aircraft tires at pressures over 200 psi. they go from 60 below zero at 40000 feet to getting very hot when the aircraft lands. presssure diff is minimal between the 2 temp extreems. now you know.
your basically saying the same thing as vaa. the others were joking:scratch
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
I havent heard about it on bikes, but it is supposed to increase gas mileage when you ad it to a car or truck
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
618 Posts
Coffeecup said:
disregard these idiots that have no idea about anything. the reason nitrogen is used is because it is very dry (no humidity) which means the pressure in a tire will change very little when temps change. an example where it is used is in aircraft tires at pressures over 200 psi. they go from 60 below zero at 40000 feet to getting very hot when the aircraft lands. presssure diff is minimal between the 2 temp extreems. now you know.
they use it on aircraft because displaces oxygen which means if the tires catch fire and explode, nitrogen can put out the fire on the tires
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
GiXXer V1ct1M said:
they use it on aircraft because displaces oxygen which means if the tires catch fire and explode, nitrogen can put out the fire on the tires
hahahaha no actually coffeecup is exactly right! i know the benefits and reason for doing it but im just looking for real world feedback for people that have tried it. my main reason fir asking, especially about psi, is with air we set a "cold psi" whether it be for day to day use or going to the track, but since nitrogen is changing very little or not at all than where would i set my psi? :hammer
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,847 Posts
I believe it was the Nazis who first experimented with nitrogen-filled motorcycle tires. Their devious plot was to float over England, descend, and clog up city round-abouts with knee-dragging antics. Had their plan succeeded, the negative impact they would have had on transportation of goods would have been devastating to the allied war effort.

Fortunately, a very young Chuck Norris was in London at the time training the British SAS. He managed to shoot every one down with a sling-shot.
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top