Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just fitted my 954 4 pot Nissin callipers and just wanted to let people know that they are every bit as good as I was told they would be!!!
I have to admit I was a bit doubtful, especially when I held them up against the 6 pots as they are nearly half the size. They have a stronger initial bite and progressively get more powerful the harder you pull the lever (which is no where near as hard as I had to pull the lever with the 6 pots for less stopping power!!)
I’d recommend it as a great budget upgrade.
they cost me £50 fromfleaBay and even came with nearly new Brembo pads, what a touch.
A bit of a file, slap of paint and they were good to go.
Won’t win any show and shine as they aren’t powder coated but for under £60 ( including paint) and 4 hours messing about fitting , you can’t go wrong.:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Nice work man.
I remember my K1 and even after lines and pad upgrades I was still scared of the brakes they were so average. I always wondered what might be an easy mod to help sort that :)

·
Super Moderator
15,024 Posts
Yeah..I put those 6 pots on my 01 750 back in the day because I wanted gold calipers and even paired with lines and and excellent pads they still felt like shit. Those calipers were never anything to write home about and I do remember that 954 swap being a viable upgrade.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I did it too last summer. What an upgrade…...so satisfied. I did the swap on a 600 however but still a great upgrade.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts