Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I used to have ultraviolet leds on in for brighting up the white wheels but it turned out to light them up in a purpleish/pinkish tone.

Much better now with the blue ones I think.

Waiting for a cager to cut in front of me and then say he didn't see the bike...

·
Registered
481 Posts
thats tight. i can only imagine a cager tryin to say he didnt see that shit "dude my wheels are fucking glowing bright blue are u blind?!" nice job man its not over done it perfect

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, like "are you f%ckin blind"? LOL

I used 10 leds, there are 4 on the front wheel mounted inside the fender (drilled a hole and secured the leds by the wire with those plastic fasteners) in a Y-shaped configuration (each pair).

On the rear there are 2 leds paired on each passenger foot rest plus a pair on the right swingarm (each pair also fastened together in a Y-shape).

The electrical part is REALLY basic: thin wires (telephony-type), a fuse by the battery, a switch (used to be on the fork top but now it's under the seat but still reachable while riding) and one resistor soldered right to each led's positive terminal). Any kid can do it.

·
Registered
583 Posts
That SRAD is tight. I would do it so that broad in the SUV or the chick talking on her phone would stand a better chance of seeing me.

·
Registered
14,162 Posts
im not a big fan of neon, but that looks perty pimp.. id love to see what looks like rollin
Ditto!

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
looks good man
I just finished putting blue sound sensitive neons on my buddied 1100... you can adjust the sensitivity so when he revs the bike they come on... or when he blips his alarm

I'm thinking of putting them on my bike too...

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
That looks nice! But your local cops might think otherwise. I know where in MD putting blue lights/led's/neon an ANYTHING will get you pulled in no time!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts