Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
He is signed all ready for next year Dag... So he will have min one more year.

He is also considering a run in NASCAR as well.

Pole will not be decided till Saturday. Damnit NJ you had me going for a second. Get back to your new wife old man. :piss

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Pole time is in the High 1:30 range. They got a long way to go for that though.

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dagooseisloose said:
I think Rossi is going to try Formula 1 so it may be his last MotoGP year so im sure he wants to leave as world champ.
OH LORD.........please crawl out from that rock your living under. Rossi is NOT leaving MotoGp anytime soon.

njracer

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
njracer said:
OH LORD.........please crawl out from that rock your living under. Rossi is NOT leaving MotoGp anytime soon.

njracer
ECHO THAT

plus, Rossi was joking about NASCAR and made fun of it. No way in hell he'd strap in for a contract in a NASCAR. If he does that ever in his life, I will walk around the paddock butt nekked at the WERA Cycle Jam or GNF until I get arrested.

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
From the interview it seemed legit from his tone. He may have been kidding. But with the money he would make in NASCAR if he could win might be tempting. Plus a more relaxed off season testing, or lack of development work may be tempting to him. He may be getting tired of developing machinery. Honda then Yamaha.

I would damn near sell my bikes if he went to NASCAR. I wouldn't be able to ride thinking that his skills are being wasted making a left turn.

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
chrisOH said:
From the interview it seemed legit from his tone. He may have been kidding. But with the money he would make in NASCAR if he could win might be tempting. Plus a more relaxed off season testing, or lack of development work may be tempting to him. He may be getting tired of developing machinery. Honda then Yamaha.

I would damn near sell my bikes if he went to NASCAR. I wouldn't be able to ride thinking that his skills are being wasted making a left turn.
Come on....the Doctor vs RC (Ricky Carmichael for da fools who don't know) would be cool as hell.:punk

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
chrisOH said:
RC is going to NASCAR too??? Hadn't heard anything about that.
He signed a 3yr deal with MB2 Motorsports (Joe Nemecheck and Sterling Marlin) compeating in 15 events in late model stock cars, ARCA and NASCAR Craftsman truck series. He will also race 14 MX races in 2007.

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
everyone and their grandmother knows he has done some laps in a Ferrari F1 car, that don't mean they'd sign him.

He'd probably *have* to work his way up in some other form of 4'wheel racing (rally, open wheel or otherwise) before they'd sign him. Unless he just went out and had talent enough to turn laps quick enough that he'd be competitive. Michael the King Schmuacher is retiring, but that doesnt mean they'll give his seat to someone completely foreign to F1 racing...

oh and its cool that RC is moving to 4 wheels also, I bet he's sick of winning :)

Travis Pastrana is doing something much, much cooler though: driving Subaru rally stuff :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
There is a huge difference between F1 testing and F1 racing...It aint easy to pass somebody on a racetrack in a car thats 2m (meters) wide...

As they said in Days of Thunder....."you drive fast, lets see how you do in a crowd"

Aside that, no matter how much i like nicky, one side of me cheers for Rossi. I belive he will not just win the championship, he will also win this race. I dont know him personally :( but from what I read and saw about him, he always likes to win the last race..( well actually who doesnt...)

Ps: Ben Spies didint really care about winning last race.

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Yeah Rossi as all ready put a rally car into the trees. I saw the onboard and interview from his special entry into one of the WRC rounds.

They didn't release Rossi's times in the Ferrari but they did say that he was going faster than some of the other formula teams.

ROSSI on POLE. they did't make the 1:30 mark but damn close. Rossi Pole time 1:31.002 with freaking Bayliss and Capirossi rounding out the front row.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.