Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found some amazing roads in a mountain area called Jirisan National Park. Put down 400 miles on the K5 yesterday and more than 300 miles on the K2 today.

Should have stopped to take more pics but the roads were just too fun to ride on. Plan to go back next weekend and promise to take more pics then.

The valley you see below hides some truly fantastic roads. Twisties, hairpins, chicanes, high speed sweepers, decreasing/increasing radius turns, open/blind corners, open stretches, you name it.............

The "cop fear" factor is totally absent here. They simply don't care about you at all. Korea is turning out to be sportbikers paradise.

The area hosts endless miles of roads like this

I have the Ohlins suspension dialled in perfectly now. Together with the Rennsports street compounds which is truly amazing, BST wheels and the Brembo's the K2 is giving the K5 a touch challenge. I think the bike with all it's parts has turned out pretty good and I like it a lot.
The sound of the Akra together with the tune from the billet stacks when tucked in behind the excellent PB screen is something I'll never get enough off.

Have to give it to the K5 though. Even on pretty worn 014's it took this roads with ease yesterday and I wasn't able to go any faster on the K2 today. It is so easy to ride with confident. Smooth and forgiving.
Simply amazing.
I think it is a little snatchy up front though and the K2 is a bit more stable at VERY high speeds

However I do feel the quality of the Ohlins on the K2 and I can only begin to imagine how the K5 will be with some suspension upgrades, Brembos and some nice superlight wheels.

BTW I installed a Sargent seat on the K2 and this is a very good seat. Firmer and more comfortable than the OEM.
It keeps me from sliding towards the tank and it is morer easy to move around on.
Recommended upgrade.

Here is a pic of the new Harris rear sets as well. Good quality product. Nothing more to say really.
They are just toooooo gold. Should have gone with black anodized this time.........

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
Re: Nice area....nice roads....2 great bikes......K2 seat...

that "no cop-fear-factor" really has me sold! Around here there is no fear in the twisties thank god, but once the road straightens up even for a km or so you better slow down! I love what you've done with that K2... I hope to get my gix there eventually too with rims like that

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

best part it you can put those bst's on the k5... glad to see you still have the 02, i dont think ill ever get rid of mine..
Me too JetSpeedz.

Don't think I'll never part with it unless I absolutely need to.
It is still so fun too ride, even after I got the K5................and that says a lot

·
Registered
2,838 Posts

Nice pics comeback....I have Harris Rearsets too and like them alot. I have noticed that the black plates on them are wearing pretty easily but the Gold actual levers are holding up well....

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

best part it you can put those bst's on the k5...
yeah, have been thinking of that, Only thing is that the K2 needs the BST's. Together with the rear shock it is the most noticable mod. Totally transformed it into a 600 handling bike.

............I'm thinking of going PVM forged alu for the K5.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

sure does look very quiet..are they? all road to yourself. nice view
Yes that's the beauty of thse roads. Very quiet

Usually roads are crowded here in Korea, but thes roads differ.

to me for not exploring these roads before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.