Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MN moves into 3rd place:punk, Denver moves to 8th. I'm not sure how those rankings work or what they base them off of, but I think Denver, even know they moved up, should be higher than 8th place.

·
I Heart Man Sauce
6,488 Posts
The Broncos are the crappiest 4-0 football I've seen in a long time. I really don't understand how they keep winning.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
MN moves into 3rd place:punk, Denver moves to 8th. I'm not sure how those rankings work or what they base them off of, but I think Denver, even know they moved up, should be higher than 8th place.
Once again, the other top four teams are 1-4 and Denver just barely cracks into the top ten this week. And how the HELL do the Jets move up from 6 to 5 in a loss? These rankings are always SO New York area team biased it's not even funny. Just like the ESPN programming. Patriots this and Giants that and now the Jets are the greatest team ever too. WTF? The Patriots just had to sign 86 year old Junior Seau because ALL of their defensive stars are now gone. The Patriots aren't anywhere near the team that they once were and it cracks me up how the biased media talks about them like they've already won the Super Bowl. I laughed out loud each time an 'expert' stated that the Patriots were going to finish what they started a few years ago and go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl. Even now with a loss they still talk about them as if they're unstoppable. I'll tell you this much, Bill Belichick is pulling his hair out over coming to Denver this weekend. If the same team shows up this weekend that has played the first four games NE is in trouble.

Watch the Broncos take it up the *ss next Sunday at 4 pm... here comes a real football team to hand it to them!
Let me guess, New England phanboi?

The Broncos are the crappiest 4-0 football I've seen in a long time. I really don't understand how they keep winning.
Could it be because... oh, I don't know... they're NOT crappy? :dunno

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
You forgot to add:

Sincerely,
Denver Bronco Fans (4-0)
:lmao
Why do I need to add it. Trust me, you're new here, when the Broncos suck out loud I will be the first one to proclaim it from the rooftops. As of right now I see a 4-0 team that is ranked #8 and deserves to be ranked at least at the back of the other undefeated teams now that it's week 4. I knew as soon as Denver won that Dallas game people would discredit Dallas before they ever gave credit to Denver. Dallas was supposedly the start of Denver's real test and if they won then they would start getting respect. Seriously... #8 is giving credit? I disagree as a Bronco fan and more importantly as a football fan.

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I knew as soon as Denver won that Dallas game people would discredit Dallas before they ever gave credit to Denver. Dallas was supposedly the start of Denver's real test and if they won then they would start getting respect. Seriously... #8 is giving credit? I disagree as a Bronco fan and more importantly as a football fan.
Now you know how I feel. :shifty Credit the team for what they did, not for what the other team did to "screw up" and help them win.:dunno

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
Ha, one of my co workers was just complaining about this an hour ago, made a lot of the same points too. IMO too much stock is put into the validity of these rankings, they are entertainment, nothing more, it's a guy who sits at a desk and gets paid to assign numbers to teams. The more controversy he stirs up the better he is at his job. The more comments that get posted about how horrible the rankings are just keeps them on the site longer getting more advertising money for them, simple really.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Ha, one of my co workers was just complaining about this an hour ago, made a lot of the same points too. IMO too much stock is put into the validity of these rankings, they are entertainment, nothing more, it's a guy who sits at a desk and gets paid to assign numbers to teams. The more controversy he stirs up the better he is at his job. The more comments that get posted about how horrible the rankings are just keeps them on the site longer getting more advertising money for them, simple really.
Actually, it's not that simple. There are a LOT of annalists who get a vote in the power rankings so it just drives me nuts of how little respect Denver gets year after year while the North East teams can do no wrong even when they suck ass. I just wish we could get a little more unbiased coverage of sports. Jeez, what is it with the media these days when you can't even get fair and balanced sports coverage?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Redskins started 6-2 last year. Can we all agree that they were (are) a crappy team? Talk to me when the Broncos play someone...And no, the Cowboys are not good.
If they started out 4-0 your point would matter. Now that Denver beat them the Cowboys are not good. Before they were champions of the NFC just working out some kinks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The Season is still a long ways from being over. My Hawks suck and I thought they would suck. Seattle sports suck and always will suck, were a bunch of softies.

Ok, Denver is 4-0, should be 3-1 ( they got lucky in Cincy ) but hey, 4-0 is 4-0. I just don't think with there QB they will get far.

Right now I would say the Vikings, Colts and Baltimore look the best but never count out New England. Not that I like NE that much but they always come up with something.

·
Tambouriner
6,000 Posts
If they started out 4-0 your point would matter. Now that Denver beat them the Cowboys are not good. Before they were champions of the NFC just working out some kinks.
No, my point still makes sense. Skins beat Saints, Cardinals, Cowboys, Eagles and lost to the Giants to start last year. My point is that bad teams can start hot, but they are still bad teams. The Broncos are a bad team with their new coach, castaway QB, whiny receivers, soft defense, etc etc and it will show soon enough.

And the Cowboys were always a mediocre team if you ask anyone that knows anything about football. The clock has been ticking on Wade Phillips for a year now.

·
Tambouriner
6,000 Posts
You make very valid points. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

It's time you stopped typing. Grown folks are talking here.
You're right, the "hard-hitting Denver defense" has managed to keep the explosive offenses of the Browns, Raiders, and Bengals at bay...I'll grant you a small victory, they kept Tony "big game" Romo to 10 pts but I think the Cowboys offense is still a bit unproven

Geez I just looked at the rest of Denver's schedule and now I feel bad. ya'll are gonna be lucky to be .500 at the end of the year:

Patriots, Chargers x2, Steelers, Ravens, Giants, Colts, Eagles. it's a good thing you get to play Oakland again and KC twice, otherwise you'd be in trouble

Like I said, talk to me after they've played a few teams...

·
Tambouriner
6,000 Posts
By the way, I'm a Skins fan (and an easy target, we suck) so I'm aware the Broncos play the Skins this year and could be eating some words later on.

But I still have fond memories of Superbowl 22 :cheers :biggrin Sadly, all i can do is live in the past as our glory years are behind us :sad

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
4-0 is 4-0 and you call it whatever you want but it's still undefeated which is no small feet in the National Football League. Broncos have what looks like one of the toughest schedules in the NFL this season so I will celebrate the wins as they come because they will be tough to come by.

Undefeated!

·
Tambouriner
6,000 Posts
X2!

:lol

I just want to see what this guys excuse for the Vikings being 4-0 is.

:wait
No excuse, they have been really strong. Strong O-line, strong D-line should take them pretty far into the playoffs. I don't think they'll make it to the NFC championship though.

I guess I could be retarded for thinking the Broncos are over-rated but you haven't really countered any of my observations so until you prove to me the Bengals, Raiders, Browns and Cowboys are worth a shit then I'll go on saying the Broncos haven't been tested yet.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts