Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am new to the forum :) Anyway, I am looking to getting a new bike. I currently ride sv650a, and was wondering what is a good next bike between GSXR600 or GSXR1000 (They don't have 750 in my area).

Any experience or suggestion is very welcome.

With the 600, I feel as if I am downgrading to a lower powered bike, in terms of low end RPM power, so that's why I am considering a liter bike. Would 1000 be too much?

·
Administrator
13,498 Posts
Depends alot on how much seat time you’ve had ... a 600 is going to have far superior braking/handling to your 650.

Have you ever ridden a 1000 ???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends alot on how much seat time you’ve had ... a 600 is going to have far superior braking/handling to your 650.

Have you ever ridden a 1000 ???
Nope. I've never ridden one. A little worry if it is too much for me, as many people have pointed out. Though, I met plenty of guys say take it slow and you should be fine.

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Since you chose to post in the 1000 forum, I would think your mind is made up already. Going from a 2 cylinder bike with 75HP (2017) to an inline 4 with between 150-180HP (depending on year and mods) is a HUGE jump. Going to a 600 inline 4 with 106'ish HP is still a good jump but I went from a 500 to a 750, although this was back in the 90's.

·
Administrator
13,498 Posts
Nope. I've never ridden one. A little worry if it is too much for me, as many people have pointed out. Though, I met plenty of guys say take it slow and you should be fine.
I would stick to looking for a 600/750 tbh ... it’s still a very good upgrade.

Supersports are a very different thing to your 650 ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts