Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Well, at least they stressed it was a small percentage that was causing the trouble. But I loved when they were talking about being passed and ran up on and they show cruisers and sport tourers. :rolleyes

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
What about the next part talking about seeing the speeds, and what not. I want to actualy see them, radar checking a bike, and prove that it isn't someone hired to do it.

That is about like ridding the forest here, or anywhere in general. Great rodes, that are usualy problem free. How ever, there is always a small percentage of people that ruin anything. Those that follow the law, and don't do anything to hurt others, shouldn't have to worry about being harrased about it. I am always followed by the cops to see if I am going to mess up so they can right a ticket, but a cruiser can go twice as fast, and not have a problem here. I have been going through town, and watch a cop with no cars around me, change directions and follow me until I stop some where, then speed off like nothing happened. It is terrible the reputation we have gotten do to the percentage of people that raise all kinds of hell.

Now don't get me wrong, I like to take the corners just like everone else, but not with traffic around. If it is a blind corner, I go through it carefully, because there are a lot of cars that street race here, that are more of a problem than the ridders. We try to leave most of the "stunting" to closed off areas, or unused roads around here. If the road is empty, there is a few that will pull wheelies and such, but never around traffic.

·
Registered
235 Posts
i dont get why people pass cars on a blind turn...never will understand it...u might as well play russian rullet...at the end they said on cop was doin a radar and the guy was doin 130 so he put his radar gun down so the guy didnt flinch and crash...thats a pretty thoughtful cop...dont think most would do that...most would jizz there pants to get a number like that so that they can arrest them...

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
They should close off the road for a weekend and let the sportbikes have at it. Charge people and have them sign a waver. Then on the rest of the days, when the road is open, they should have road blocks at the beginning and the ends of the road with spotters in the middle so that those committing crimes are stopped. Maybe this would work.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Shingo-R6 said:
The problem is not the speed, it's the dangerous moves, like overtaking in a blind corner.
i agree w/ this. But it also has to do w/ speed. even the experienced riders who take the turns fast may crash due to conditions that they cant control. Like dirt on the road, etc...

I think this video just serves as a reminder to us sportbike riders that we need to slow down a bit and take this stuff seriously. I mean, look at the numbers. In one year that many accidents and deaths. F that my life is not worth a thrill like that.

All of us can still have fun and go out there and take the turns fast but not too fast now. I thank whoever posted this video because i will remember it as i go out to the twisties this weekend, and take it a little slower/safer.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
that was an interesting news story, it's too bad stuff like that makes sportbike riders look like a bunch of assholes...however passing on double yellow lines around blind corners and putting other people in danger is not cool and it should be noted not all sportbikers do that kinda stuff. That's just another reason people steriotype sportbikes

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fortunately we don't have nowhere near a problem in our area as they do down there. On any given Sunday I can do a 100 mile loop; beautiful roads- lots of twisties and so on up here in the mountains and may not see another vehicle much less sportbike for 20 minute stretches at a time. I'm all for spirited riding, but crazy speeds with other motorist and riders present thats a recipe for disaster.

·
Registered
750 Posts
she shouldn't have been riding a bicycle on the LOOP. Yeah some ride dangerous, but thats life. and track days are expensive as hell. Maybe I should buy a house up there. seems like a good ride. honestly what happen to the type of people that rebelled against there government, created thier own nation, defended freedom, across the globe? when did we become a country full of bit. ches. If someone wants the rest of their boring life to be bland and safe, tell them to move to Utah.
Its better to burn out then to fade away.....

·
Registered
514 Posts
Asfaraslogic said:
she shouldn't have been riding a bicycle on the LOOP. Yeah some ride dangerous, but thats life. and track days are expensive as hell. Maybe I should buy a house up there. seems like a good ride. honestly what happen to the type of people that rebelled against there government, created thier own nation, defended freedom, across the globe? when did we become a country full of bit. ches. If someone wants the rest of their boring life to be bland and safe, tell them to move to Utah.
Its better to burn out then to fade away.....
while i fully agree with you, what these riders are doing may cause someone ELSE's life to "burn out". I'm all for putting myself at risk doing what i love on my bike, but if I think I may endanger other people, i stop.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
PerfectPoo said:
while i fully agree with you, what these riders are doing may cause someone ELSE's life to "burn out". I'm all for putting myself at risk doing what i love on my bike, but if I think I may endanger other people, i stop.
+1 I have no qualms about endangering my life and I try to be respectful of others, but people need to put more thought into the consequences of their actions. Yes, she has every right to ride her bicycle when and wherever she chooses, but she is also resposble for her own life and should understand the risks she takes by riding on public roads.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
thats nice but whenever you even step into a vehicle you risk peoples life think of how many firefighters have been killed and paramedics on the boxes have been killed responding to the scene of an accident i reside in a small town an hour north of austin tx and there are alot of sportbikes around here and this year ive been to one sportbike accident and countless cager wrecks if they want to be pissed about people on sportbikes why not all the old fucks who have to use a walker just to get into their cadillac???? they have no fucking busines even being around anything but a hoveraound

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.