Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
member 5338,a lot of people in here. I bought a 88 750 gsxr, motor in pieces, extra 600?(approx. 58mm bore) motor with burnt piston (lean nos) from a guy that had no clue to seperate/keep track of parts. Bike is in excellent condition, new paint dark purple ( a robust darker purple, not a sissy purple). Through all of my headaches of searching in about 4 boxes full of parts from two engines and reading my clymer manual I decided I need real life people advice. Is it possible for two pistons to be worn out of wear specs according to manual but not show a difference in the cylinder walls? According to snap gauge measurements, bore gage is on it's way but hasn't made it yet. I also was wondering what can be done if the rods are slightly outside of wear limits? I'm going through the 750 and trying to put her back together. On the cam letter stamped on the ends, my clymer doesn't have a letter "D" but one of my cams has it? is it from the 600? my factory manual is also in the mail. Ok, all of that being said, this is my first motorcycle, I have never ever been on a motorcycle! I however love working on, restoring, and building automobiles so my knowledge is there.

I love this place, and the posts about swapping of engine parts to obtain more power. (Edster for the short and long strokes,825cc)[/LIST]

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Wasn't the first gixxer 600 (92-94?) an oil cooler? I don't know. There are Blandit 600 motors floating around. If it is a 600, I doubt it it's compatible with the '88 short stroke motor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info so far. I am not sure what size the other motor I have is? It is really small bore size compared to the 750, but it has the same fork rocker setup as the 750. Smaller valves and runners. Looks the same as 750 but is smaller when it is opened up. The intake cam I have has the D stamped on the end, ex has a C. Can someone tell me the cam specs of the intake and what motor it is out of? Please help id the other motor I have! I will try to find #'s on it, I know there are no #'s on the block.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Nice to have you here. The bike sounds nice. As far as the pistons they can be out of round. The cylinders could be just fine. I'm not sure what mean about the rods. As far as I know they never made a 600cc oil cooled motor.

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: MrTris ]</p>

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
sounds like a katana 600 motor by the way you've described it.....looks like the 750 on the outside but internally things are smaller....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts