Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a gixxer for a while and I was on cycletrader this morning and I saw a 2002 GSXR 600 with 150 miles on it (yellow/black). I haven't finished the paperwork on my loan yet, so I just put in on my Credit Card to a couple weeks. The final price: $6212 to my door, which includes tax, title and delivery. I live in Cleveland and the bike is in Batavia, OH (near Cincinnati). I think I got about the best deal I could have.

Now, if it would just get warmer around here so I could ride!

EDIT: No I didn't or don't want to see biker boyz. My bike choice had nothing to do with doing 150 backwards while riding a wheelie.

Kevin

[ 02-06-2003, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: Kevin Rowles ]

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
sounds like a great deal to me. I have the same bike, your going to love it.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Welcome aboard, and congrat's on the bike.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can anyone fill me in on the break-in period. My understanding is that for the first 600 miles you're supposed to keep it under 10,000 rpm, then change the oil and check the chain. Is this right?

Is there anything else I should be concerned about ie. questions to ask the dealer?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have an 02 600 and I was told to keep it under 7000 for 600 miles and under 10,000 for the next 400 miles. After 1000 miles you are free. I am not sure if the dealer told me this or if it was in the manual.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts