Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the site, But have been following it for a while. I cant decide on if I should get a 05 gsx-R 750 or a 600. I had a 97 cbr 600 and remember wishing I could keep up with the bigger boys. I Also am a larger guy weighing in at 270lbs @ 6ft tall. I am getting my new bike in a week so Everyones advice would be helpfull. If it helps at all I'm not into stunts and the 750 would be $9098 out the door and the 600 would be $7638 out the door. I'd have to put $1,000 down on the 750, But the 600 I wouldnt have to put anything down. Thanks in advance!

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Get insurance quotes on both of them and decide from there.
You are pretty big guy and since you have experience and if you respect the 750 ,you should be fine. Might want to take the MSF course and join the AMA for insurance discounts though. Rates are out of this world anymore on any Race Replica

Welcome

·
Registered
399 Posts
If you have some time on bikes and like you said you wish you had more in the past so go with the 750 its a nice looking bike.. I like the dark blue

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Yeah he would probably do good on a 1k, if he can afford it that is the question lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got a quote from my insurance company and they said 419 a year. I also have a house and two cars with them. I surprised to hear that it would be the same for the 600 and the 750. As for a 1000, Someone else in this forum told me that it is actually smaller than the 750 and 600. Maybe he was wrong, But I couldnt afford it anyways.

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Someone else in this forum told me that it is actually smaller than the 750 and 600. Maybe he was wrong, But I couldnt afford it anyways.
The 05 1K is 0.9 in shorter in length
0.1 in skinnier (sp)
0.8 in shorter in height
0.2 in longer wheel base
5.5 lbs heavier
10X the insanity

Get the 750 not the 600
Change the gearing a little and you'll be fine

·
Registered
33 Posts
Personally, Get what you can ride, and what you can afford.
I've seen a few guy at the track run slower 1/8 mile times, than an 600.
I 'm serious about the above statment.
All you 750, 1000 owners take no offence. This is not an insult in any way towards you.
I can't say I've ever riddin a 1000, so It may "scare me too"
I love my 600, get what you can afford.
Because if you get one, and can't afford it, you'll miss it when it's gone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts