Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting for my 750 K4 which I should get today.

While test riding the bike yesterday through a mountain pass, I got that old familiar feeling I've had with other Suzukis - I remember it from my TLR. It's like the bike is slow to turn in and that was a disappointment and totally unexpected after all I've heard about the 750's. I like my bikes to fall into corners like a bicycle for lack of a better analogy (I'm coming from an R1). Obviously the unadjustable steering damper is the culprit so I was just thinking, is that thing really necessary? Will the bike tankslap?

I'm familiar with tankslappers and would prefer to avoid them but if the bike isn't prone to slap I'd remove that damper in a jiffy because it's spoiling the bike for me.

Any opinions?
Did anyone remove his and how is it? Otherwise I'll try it and let you guys know. I'm taking her on the track 17th May.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Damn, leave it on! Get your suspension custom dialed in for your height and weight and then you will see the Gix's true potential. If you think the stock one is no good get an Ohlins or a Scotts. I say leave it on (just my opinion). Later,

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Leave it on!!

rob

·
Registered
101 Posts
I read somewhere in the suspension forum that somebody had the same problem you had and he put 5 mm shim where the rear shock mounts, thus raising the rear ride height and increasing the rake. He claims that this made a day and night difference for the 750.

That thing is there for a reason, i would not take it off. Last case scenario, get a adjustable steering damper.

AK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts