Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Now riding a restricted GSXS750, planning to switch to a GSXR1000R in few weeks.
I do commute with my bike, riding around, practicing on parking lot and doing trackdays.
When i’m not on my bike, I’m on my bicycle cause there is a lot of trafic jam in my area. Driving car once a week max.
I like to share experience on forum that’s why I’m here.
Hope to post a picture of the new bike soon ;-)

·
Administrator
14,039 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello guys !

It has been 2 weeks now that I got my new GSXR1000R 2021. In France, there is no more GSXR from new (Gixer is Euro 4, and only euro 5 and euro 4 from 2020 stock allowed to be sold from 2021).
It had 500miles on it. I rode couple of miles to get mileage for the first service.
So, I went from a 47.5bhp bike (for 2 years) to this one. I would never had bought this kind of bike if I haven’t had trackdays, parking lot training, and lot all weather conditions ride.
This bike is just amazing. It looks way better in real life than in picture. Mine has a lot of carbon parts (aestethics) from Lightech, plus some safety parts for trackdays.
I was a bit scared before my first ride with it but this bike is so smooth that I makes you very confident until… you go after 6000rpm ! I ride it in "B" mode and TC "8" (a bit wet here and 6°C)
I was quite impressed by the handling, stability at high speed and braking. Shifter is soooooooooo smooth too.
After first service, mechanics told me that I could ride it as I want, no RPM restriction (even if Suz’ recommands to wait 1000 miles)
On the way to home, I screwed the grip a bit more. At 10000rpm, the kick is very impressive ! I saw TC light on and felt that the front wheel only asked to lift up !😅
The more I ride it, the more I love it. It is exactly what I was looking for. I tried other bike, speed triple RS, Streetfighter V4, but even if it is good bikes, I’m not a big fan of this king of motor architecture. The inline 4 is so smooth and it screams so loud…(thanks to the Akra GP).
The riding position is quite good. I’m not having any issue in my wrist, even after an hour riding. The only issue with this bike it to keep his driving licence…
About modifications. I just received my Stompgrip and the brake lever protector from Yoshimura (very clever for car filtering in case of if you hit a side mirror with the brake lever).
Next step is to go to a parking lot to be more confortable, such in tight turn and knee dragging.
Then, I will bring this baby on track. We’ve got some tiny track to work on technic and ability, and big ones (Le Mans, Castellet, Magnicourt…) to reach 300km/h easily.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank
Wheel Tire Bicycle Automotive tire Bicycle tire

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,832 Posts
The Stompgrip was unnecessarily large for my K6 so I trimmed it with scissors after sitting on the bike and seeing where my legs ran. I bought it because I was uncomfortable with how easily my legs slid on the tank. After installing it seemed too grippy but nowadays I don't even notice that it's there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello guys,

I’ve done around 1000km since I got the bike. What an amazing bike…
I do traffic filtering, and I realized that throttle control is a bit tricky at low rpm.
It occures at a steady speed, when I open the throttle at 5/10 %, in first and second gear at about 4000rpm. It looks like the bike is behaving on/off about the power. When i speed up a bit, it becomes smooth again. Does it come from the Akra exhaust ? (it is not a full system, I still got the catalyzer). If so, an ECU remap could solved this issue ?
I had a 750GSXS with Yoshimura exhaust, and It behaved like the same at low rpm and steady speed.
Thanks to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts