Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Newbie.....Don’t shoot me down.....

988 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  BrenK 
#1 ·
Hi all
New to the site and gsxr’s. Been looking to do a street fighter project on one for ages. Picked up a nice 93’ 750WN.
my question is, and I’ve searched til my fingers are numb, haha. I know the wheels from the RF 900 will fit but is it a straight case of swapping everything off of the gsxr wheels on to the Rf ones and bolt them in? Or am I going to need spacers and different discs etc? Seen some nice RF wheels already painted the colours I want, but just need to know what actually needs to be done to make them fit before I shell out for them?
Cheers.
Bren.

#3 ·
Welcome mate , appreciate the intro ?
For technical help you’d be much better off starting a thread regarding your project in the correct section for your model bike.
? Sorry. Thought this was the section for a 1993 water cooled 750? Couldn’t see the year listed in any of the other headings? Do you know where I should put it?.....polite answers only please ?

#6 ·
Cheers for the reply and information. Issue I have is getting conflicting information. Previously been told front will need RF discs and rear will need caliper spacer.
please don’t get me wrong, I am very grateful to any one who gives their time and advice freely. But as I keep getting different answers from different people, can I ask if you have actually done the mod and are speaking from Experience? As I say please don’t be offended, I just need to know a definitive answer before I go buying more bita I won’t need. I’ve already ordered some RF front discs, haha.
cheers.

#7 ·
I have not done the mod, but a quick look through the parts fiche will give you an idea of the interchangeability of parts between models. For example the 94 gsxr and 94 RF900 share the same front spacers, wheel bearings, but have a different axle (axle diameter is the same but the RF900 has a nut on the end where as the GSXR threads into the lower fork tube.) The front discs are different part numbers, but may be interchangeable. There have been a couple folks here who have done bits and pieces, but unfortunately much of it is ad hoc and many users from the past have moved on and are not active on here any more. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.