Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gidday all,
I am a newbie to Suzuki gsxrs. I just splashed out on a 1986 750G with 62,000kms. The bike seems to be very soft and 'floaty'. I was wondering how to improve the handling to make it more 'solid'.(i'M PLANNING ON HAVING SOME FUN IN THE post classic racing class) The bike just had recent fork seals done & new oil(stock specs as far as I know). The back probably hasn't been touched sdince day 1. I weigh around 90 kilos. Any help/advice would be cool.
Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#6A7FB8" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#2f2f4f">Originally posted by Kiwi750G:
Gidday all,
I am a newbie to Suzuki gsxrs. I just splashed out on a 1986 750G with 62,000kms. The bike seems to be very soft and 'floaty'. I was wondering how to improve the handling to make it more 'solid'.(i'M PLANNING ON HAVING SOME FUN IN THE post classic racing class) The bike just had recent fork seals done & new oil(stock specs as far as I know). The back probably hasn't been touched sdince day 1. I weigh around 90 kilos. Any help/advice would be cool.
Thanks in advance.
</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>I suppose the class rules prevent you from putting a USD fork on it from a newer gixxer. Check with Mr Gixxer on what he did when he rebuilt his front end. I think Race Tech makes emulators for that fork. As for the rear...I have a WP shock that replaced the factory unit. Fox and possibly Ohlins make units. I'm 90kg without my leathers on, before I changed the suspension my gixxer rode like a bloated pig.
Have fun with it, and Welcome to the board!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts