Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new to the site, I just purchased a 1981 GS1100E and would like to get in touch with people that own similar bikes, is this the right place?
thanks

Marco

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Somewhat on a similar predated type, yes, and welcome to the site.

If you want to also find a site that specializes in the GS1100 or any GS Suzuki from that era, check out my old stomping grounds - www.theGSResouces.com and their forum

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Robben, I 'll check them out, since I just blew the engine, and I'll be looking for another engine, I've been told that this engines are hard to find, and probably will also be looking for a reputable but fair shop in the DC Metro area probably VA, thanks

Marco

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Welcome to GDC!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you know that in Illinois you are not required to use a helmet? only glasses? even though that is the law I saw a couple of guys riding without any of those...

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Thanks Robben, I 'll check them out, since I just blew the engine, and ...
Marco
Btw, fwiw, you'll find the site over there pretty slow from here to after the weekend. Apparently there's a big rally/convention goin' on this weekend for them, and most have already hit the road travelling. You could almost fire a cannon off in there, and not hit anybody, it's so quiet. Spooky. I don't think I've ever seen it so dead.

Not that it gets like in here. GDC must have over 35K members by now, if not more. I think they've got a membership of a couple thou' but they're real dedicated to their GSs.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
You can stick around in here.

Welcome to the site, and the only thing helmet laws (or lack of) are good for is helping you to be able to point out the squids.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys I am too a newbie and just bought my first street bike, i got a beautiful 04 gsxr 600 in the black and orange paint!! too bad i am in Iraqright now and cant enjoy to be able to ride it right now, But be ready NC for when i get home i am going to be looking for some riding partners so if anyone wants to ride out in Sep let me know I up for it!! By the way I got a killer DEAL on this bike!! I bought it off of some guy who didnt have time to ride and only wanted payoff for it! SWEET!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My point exactly, number one for the amount of trucks in the area, and Chicago is not famous for not having strong winds, right?

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Hey guys I am too a newbie and just bought my first street bike, i got a beautiful 04 gsxr 600 in the black and orange paint!! too bad i am in Iraqright now and cant enjoy to be able to ride it right now, But be ready NC for when i get home i am going to be looking for some riding partners so if anyone wants to ride out in Sep let me know I up for it!! By the way I got a killer DEAL on this bike!! I bought it off of some guy who didnt have time to ride and only wanted payoff for it! SWEET!
i'm in Wilmington NC, if you're anywhere close we can ride when you get back

·
Registered
399 Posts
Welcome to GDC injoy read the info and be safe..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts