1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Never going to happen... No matter how many petitions are signed... It is way too dangerous in Manhattan and the 5 boroughs... Upstate and Westchester it could work ...

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Re: Re: New York Petition

Never going to happen... No matter how many petitions are signed... It is way too dangerous in Manhattan and the 5 boroughs... Upstate and Westchester it could work ...

How is it too dangerous? Splitting through the city has been proven to be safer than sitting in traffic... since I've moved to california and been able to split lanes I've been almost killed in traffic significantly less times.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Would begreat when its 80 degrees plus. When Im sitting in the sun beating on me in traffic I start to get dizzy. We dont have A/c and with all your gear its unbearable.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
There's a hundred good reasons

·
Chubby Chaser
57,819 Posts
The handful of times I was stupid enough to ride my bike into NYC I was lane splitting anyway many times to avoid getting hit. I think ultimately I just think riding in NYC is an overall bad idea.

·
...just like sex with Shane
12,047 Posts
I could see it being ok outside of the the city but, there is no chance in hell you ever want to split lanes within the city limits.

2 good reason for the above: The Belt Parkway & The Cross Bronx. :nono

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
How is it too dangerous? Splitting through the city has been proven to be safer than sitting in traffic... since I've moved to california and been able to split lanes I've been almost killed in traffic significantly less times.
Having lived in both CA and NY I can tell you a few reasons why... 1) lanes on the 5,15,110 and most other roadways out there are wider then the parkways here in NY. 2) Even though CA has a larger population it is more spread out, In Manhattan alone there are 8 million people. 3) In CA you do not have cab drivers that don't give a flying fuck about anything and will go from left lane to right lane while slamming on the brakes to get a fare. 4) The actual roadways are far better in CA then NY (potholes,speedbumps etc). I have lane split in both states... As I said before outside of the city it would be ok but not in the 5 boroughs...

·
Papa Johns Diaper Service...
2,835 Posts
I hate riding in NYC, NO FUN. I used to ride in on fri's in the summer. The morning was awesome but going home was a nightmare. From around 23rd street to the bridge would take over an hour in stop and go traffic.:banghead
Fuck that I would take advantage of the size of the bike and lane split. I stopped riding in cause the ride home was a killer. I will sign the petition but I am sure it wont go anywhere. Those messengers on scooters in midtown are crazy!!!! You don't see as many of them as there used to be. The scooters were held together with duct tape and zip ties and of course removeable plates, LOL. They would cut off busses and taxis and cars
with those little scooters.:burnout Ride up on the sidewalk, snatch the plate off and run inside to make their delivery. :suicide

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thru that ^
NYC is simply a nightmare for cars and bikes, specially now when those asshole from Port Authority rase tolls for Verrazano bridge to 15 bucks without fixing one pothole... WTF?!!! Not sure about tunnels and rest of the bridges but even at 12$ it was way to much! I also think it wont go anywhere since NJ and NY have one of the most deficit budgets and they will continue milk people for long time.

John maybe next sunday???

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
even if it doesn't pass, you should keep trying. also, right now there's a lane-splitting bill SB541 in Oregon, it's very interesting to see if it passes.

·
2,835 Posts
Thru that ^
NYC is simply a nightmare for cars and bikes, specially now when those asshole from Port Authority rase tolls for Verrazano bridge to 15 bucks without fixing one pothole... WTF?!!! Not sure about tunnels and rest of the bridges but even at 12$ it was way to much! I also think it wont go anywhere since NJ and NY have one of the most deficit budgets and they will continue milk people for long time.

John maybe next sunday???

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Whats up V, this has been a long winter, I haven't been on the bike since our
last run in nov. Last year this time we were already RIDING!!! Planning our season opener on the track since it was so warm. What a difference a year
makes.:dunno Pimo is gonna be the lastest track junkie, watch, LOL.

·
AKA Pee Wee Herman
6,092 Posts
3) In CA you do not have cab drivers that don't give a flying fuck about anything and will go from left lane to right lane while slamming on the brakes to get a fare.
:fact

That right there is the reason I don't ever want to ride through the city. I have them fuckers hit my flat bed trying to push there way on.

·
2,835 Posts
Registered with TPM yesterday lol. Whats the first day you guys are looking at, April 6th right?
This first timer will be there on the 6th.
You guys can hold hands in Art basic, LOL. Nothing like doing your 1st day
with somebody you know. I hope to be there on the 6th but I have not booked or re-uped with TPM yet. Lots of guys who have come on the Bear
Mt runs have taken it too the track. I warned all of you that this would happen. Nothing like being more confident and comfortable on these wonderful machines.

WE digress...I say we all get flip up plates and......J/K....:shifty

1 - 19 of 19 Posts