Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 'barn find' '92 1100G oiler last year. Dropped iridium NGKs in, oil and filter, air filter and a half a can of Seafoam in fresh gas. Drained the carbs and flushed in the new gas with the Seafoam. Took about a minute of cranking to get it to even fire. I'm guessing the bike was massively flooded at that point. First only idle, then only 3K, then the needles started working and wa-la - a running bike. Couple of loops around the city on the freeway to purge the varnish out of the carbs and she starts pretty easy. Last maintenance was master and slave kits for the clutch. Thanks to all for the many hints and tips regarding getting this beast going. I know I am going to need to balance the carbs, but she starts and idles fine, runs smooth and accelerates like a demon, so no rush.

First bike was a Honda 90, second a Bridgestone 200, third a Honda 450, fourth, a Honda 125, then an '82 Honda CX500. I was going to ride the CX until the wheels fell off, but the CDI took a dump and that was the end of that. Traded the CX and a wad of cash for the Gixxer.

Real glad to be on the forum. You-all have been great help so thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi, I also had a g model 1100, I ended up modding most of the bike, it certainly was a great road bike, the fairing actually protected the rider really well, had the most fun ever on a bike after the mods when I shot out of a small hollow at 260kph and ended up wheelying down a straight at over 270kph, had me smiling for weeks

·
16,990 Posts
Hi, I also had a g model 1100, I ended up modding most of the bike, it certainly was a great road bike, the fairing actually protected the rider really well, had the most fun ever on a bike after the mods when I shot out of a small hollow at 260kph and ended up wheelying down a straight at over 270kph, had me smiling for weeks
Welcome dude :cheers

·
Registered
38 Posts
first I put 2mm overbore wiseco hi comp pistons, had head ported, valves /seats cut, orient express race valve springs and adjutable sprkts, kelford race cams, mikuni rs38 flatslides, race ex sys, then had a tuner go over the pirts/combustion chambers, cc cyl heads, install carrillo rods, rebalance crankshaft & pistons- which were teflon coated to reduce the heat produced in the cylinder/ head.
then I had trouble with the drive chain breaking, which I fixed by bracing the swing arm (to stop it twisting) then I lowered center of gravity by remaking the fuel tank as I didn't have an airbox, that made a big difference in flickability, also put a gsxr750 single seat unit to lower seat height, ran modded forks and aftermarket shock, braided br/lines, made around 140rwhp but with monster torque!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
temporarykiwi
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing