Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
96 750 began to get jetted at shop. He moved adjustable needles to get more fuel flow and when that wasn't enough, he said I needed another jet(I think he said main jets). Now, the bike runs worse than when I gave it to him. Stutter around 4500-5500 and hairy idle. Could it be that he took my carbs out and they unsynced? Please help. The assmunch added a whole crap load of throttle freeplay and adjusted my brakes to his settings too. Stupid service man.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I'd take it back and demonstrate the problem to the shop, they should stand by their work.
Unless you do it yourself and eventually get a dyno run to verify the air/fuel mix, that would be the best way, it is not hard to swap jets, with a good jet kit and a carb synchronizer. I have installed jet kits where they both ran fine the 1st time, Factory and Yosh MJN. good luck

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I just ordered a factory jet kit last night.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I also suggest taking it to a shop with dyno facility.

Spend the $50-60 and have solid evidence of the tuning that took place.

The motto of the place i go to is,

"If we dont gain hp and\or smooth out your curves, u dont have to pay anything."

KaTz

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What sucks is that there isn't a place I can take my bike to have it tuned with a dyno in maine.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Well then after you put your kit in w/synch and tune up (valve adjust) and it runs well, take a trip to a reputable dyno shop and see how it does, just take twisties all the way there and back. Maybe even an overnighter, could be fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts