327 Posts
Holy hell ... it's HUGE !!
What's the wingspan on that ?

What size motor ?

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a 40 percent scale extra 330, all composite airframe. Powered by a 150CC 2 stroke engine, the engine weighs 8 lbs and puts out 18HP(around 90lbs of thrust). It pulls this 40lb airplane at 135MPH full throttle.

Speaking of dogs, some mexican came up to me while I was flying my other giant scale cap and offered to put his chihuahua in it lol. I've been in RC for 5 years.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
That's cool. I've always liked RC planes and helos but have never made the leap into getting either one. maybe one day.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The plane takes up a parking space in my garage. The wings and horizontal stabilizers come off for transportation. It's a really tight fit but it can be transported in a tahoe. I fly this plane at a small municipal airport, these things need lots of room as they can perform loops over 1,000 ft high. Here's a pic of my cap being shoehorned..

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
dude.....you could cater to midgets with that thing...hell you could have a whole airline just for midgets.......save lots of money....or or you could fly midgets across the border into mexico

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.