Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm new to the site, and just recently purchased my first bike as well, which of course was a gixxer. Just wanted to introduce myself.

I know this is probably far fetched but any of you ladies know of some biker meetups or groups in the Dallas area for lesbians or LGBT friendly? I just moved here, and wanted to meet some people to ride with that were like-minded.

Cheers :cheers

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Welcome! Check meetup.com, there are a lot of motorcycle get togethers listed on there so if there is a GLBT riding group, chances are they would be on there. Before everyone else pounces on you I will point out that a "Gixxer" is a poor choice for a first bike. I also recommend that you get seat time and miles under your belt before doing group rides.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Poor choice for a first bike..If I were you I'd concentrate on buying full gear, take MSF, and don't do group rides until you have more riding experience. Riding with others tends to make you ride dumber and faster which leads to death for the inexperienced. Just my .02, people do what they wanna do.

·
Fragile Little Flower of Texan Femininity
98,059 Posts
welcome to the site! and i'd have to agree with the others posting above. r bikes are tricky as first rides. take the msf, get geared up properly and ease off on the group riding for a while. not saying don't go to the meets, you can have the opportunity to get hooked up with some great ppl that can help you along (i got lucky meeting my track folks that way)

i'm a bit out of hte loop for the dallas area as the local forums (for texas at least) that i used to frequent have died down significantly.

if you're on fb, check out the Women That Love to Ride group. there's a TON of texas ladies on there that organize meetings. :cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts