Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. New to site. Sorry about the username, I carried it over from the CBR forum as it's easier to remember one than 5. My appologies. New to the site, been riding for 25 years (since I was 5). Just sold my 99 900RR and picking up my new Gix tonight. 02 1000. I look forward to haning on Gixxer.com. :punk :cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all, just registered here & have a few questions so i hope some 1 can help me out.

1st of all i've got 2 gixxers 750Y 1 for racing around & the other is a street-fighter, my question is i installed a yoshi full system on & it worked fine with 1 of the bikes,but when i installed it on the other my radiator started leaking so, checked it & found out that the header # 3 melted part of the radiator even though i did install the 2 washers that came with the system, so i was wondering if it is possible to cover the headers with a exhaust wrap so it doesnt melt my other radiator?

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Superbike racing

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive exhaust

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I gotta be honest man, if you're going to thread jack with a technical question, it's probably better off in the technical area. You may not get an answer in this section of the board.
Maybe your radiator is bent (mounting wise) on the second one. But it may fix it with wrap, but there is probably something more causing this. The wrap seems like a simple fix to a larger problem.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got some fuzzy pics. Hope you likes. I need to put the new silver stickers over the red "R" on the right side, otherwise, very well maintained ride. I LOVE the suspension and seat on this thing. WOW. SOOOO much more plush over rough pavement. The same corner that would have my 900RR throwing a FIT, this thing just glides over and almost begs to go faster. Awsome machine.

Attachments

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been searching around here and by the nature of a web site, the new models seem to be the hot topic. I can find some things about the 1st gen 1k, but Im basically looking for any "known" issues or simple tweaks. Anything I should know? Yes, i'm aware of the search function. Thanks all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.