1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to GSXR\'s

Hey guys, first post.

I've been riding Hondas since I started riding (don't kill me
) Everytime I get one, my 929 for example needed work everywhere, suspension, exhaust (stupid HTEV), FI stumbled. My last bike, 600RR also needed some help. The plus side is that I seem to hear that Honda's are generally easier to ride and mop up your mistakes quite well. They are also refined and reliable yadda yadda, you guys could care less I'm sure. Anyway, I'm looking at this amazing new 1000. Are GSXR\s more expert rider oriented and demand more skill or is that just an urban legend? I don't want to have to do a thing to the suspension (I weigh 165) or anything else and still be able to go to the track and not be distracted by bad FI or forks diving etc... I've read about how good the new 1000 is but I may only be able to afford an earlier model.

Thanks

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Re: New to GSXR\'s

You won't find a more track ready yet still very street compliant bike out of the box anywhere.

Guaranteed.

·
Registered
23 Posts

i weigh 165 and ridden hondas for the past 7 years. just bought my first suzuki last week. i'll let ya know when i get plenty of time to ride this weekend.

·
Registered
849 Posts

Sounds like you’re buying used bikes. If so, expect problems or at least some fine tuning.
The Honda is a great bike.
The Yamaha is a great bike.
The Kawasaki is a great bike.
The Suzuki is a great bike. In my opinion, the best.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts

You won't find a more track ready yet still very street compliant bike out of the box anywhere.

Guaranteed.
Yup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts