Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know all I do is ask questions but that's about all I've got right now. sooo.....what's the best way to scrub in new tires?

Also, does anyone know the what pressure I should start at? I have 90 wheels on an 85 so the manual's pressures would probably be wrong. sizes: 120/70/17 and 170/65?/17

thanks,
Geoff

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
29 #psi for both on the track. 32 #psi on the street...or put the bike up on a paddock stand and get out a belt sander

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I take my bikes to a desereted parking lot and ride figure eights until the release compound wears away enough to go for a slow long ride. The hard part is riding slow enough that you do not push the tires until they are scrubbed in.
Bones

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys. I just got them put on but as I was putting the wheels back on, the frikkin bike fell over!! oh well, it could have been worse. I cracked my right lower fairing and scraped some of the paint. it fell slow cos I was trying to hold it up from behind sitting on the ground.

anyway, got the BT010s, I was doing the figure 8s last night. still kinda scared about going round corners though. Its my first time I've had new tires!!

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Originally posted by resonantfreq:
thanks guys. I just got them put on but as I was putting the wheels back on, the frikkin bike fell over!! oh well, it could have been worse. I cracked my right lower fairing and scraped some of the paint. it fell slow cos I was trying to hold it up from behind sitting on the ground.

anyway, got the BT010s, I was doing the figure 8s last night. still kinda scared about going round corners though. Its my first time I've had new tires!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm running the same tires. You'll like them...I hope.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts