Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,

I just managed to score me a '88 gxsr250, as my first moto. Ive been ryding mtb's for years (dirtjump, downhill, street), but im kinda new to the motobike scene. I know that some of you out there would think that im just a total dropkick getting a 250, but im only learning (plus they wont let us ryde anything over a 250 till youve had ur licence for over 2 years (or 18 months if you sit a defensive course).

If anyone could point me to a few resouces it would be much helpful. Im keen as to get my hands dirty, really need to get me a manual for the bike, but i wouldnt know where to start to look for one.

Also my front brake feels a little too spongy, its been fresly bleed out, but apparently something may need to be replaced in the caliper or something (not 100% sure on this), if anyone could help me out on this also it would be much appreciated.

anyhows heres a pic of ma bike (i gotta get round to getting another better picture taken),

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
welcome. Dont know anything about the 250. I think we should have a similar program for licensing here in the US. You will be happy you started on the smaller bike, take that saftey, I am signed up for mine in the spring, everyone around here suggest it. As far as the brakes, nd my limited bike experience, I would say bleed them again, that is the most likley and cheapest idea. good luck!

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
<font color="red"> Welcome ! </font>

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Welcome, you'll be happy you started out small. 250cc is a good start. Some newbies start out on monsters and end up hurting themselves or others. You've earned my respect! Search the forums to find out anything you need to on your bike or bikes in general. Good luck! -Dana

1 - 5 of 5 Posts