Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a bike it’s 07 gsxr 600 New rick’s stator new Suzuki oem rectifier still not charging a battery. At first when connected it was showing 13.5 charge, when I increased rpm went up to 14.5 and quickly drop down to 12.5. What is wrong with a bike. I checked a stator. I thought maybe it’s a bad one. But i checked it’s good, on idle produce 35 ac volts on all 3 lines. if rpms go higher voltage go higher. When omes cheked it’s steady 5 and no ground leak. Checked the rectifier also good. I have a boulevard also, so when I connect the rectifier to the boulevard it’s charging just fine. Once I connect to the gsxr it keeps charge at the 12.5.
Help me out here brothers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Shouldn’t stator be reading at 65V AC? My 07 Gsxr 600 recently had charging issues too. After watching some videos on YouTube I checked the stator and I was getting 65V. Later I checked the rectifier and that’s the one that was bad. Wasn’t getting any readings on ground. Replaced it and it works just fine now.

So if you are only getting 35V on your stator that might be the problem. You should probably pop it open and see if you have any burnt coils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m getting 35v AC on low rpms. if I go up to 5000 rpms it’s going up 65 V and more. I just installed new stator 2 days ago. It has to bee something els. Im willing to buy one more just to bee shore that it’s not a stator is messing up.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Check your manual. There is an electrical section that tells you what your rectifier should be doing It tells you what to test and how many volts going to the battery at specified rpm.
Check that your electrical connectors are clean and making a good connection.
Also check your battery.
You tube is a good way to see how to do things but be sure to go by your manual. You tube can be wrong sometimes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello everyone so I checked a stator again and this is what Is happening when test a stator between 3 cables I get a sound and 0.5 consistent but wen leave positive end of tester in a plug coming from stator and negative end touching to negative of the battery I get a sound and 0.3. So im thinking my stator is no good. I did took it of the shot or cover with the stator tested again same way.
Im getting 0.5 between the cables and wen I touch a casing I’m not get in anything no sound and zero. That is wicked.
what is it wrong naw or I’m doing something wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So after closer inspection I found a problem. The 3 wires that are coming out it stator there are a rubber spacer/gasket that gets put on the stator cover on the side. The magneto wheel was rubbing against one of the wires and damaged the protecting wire plastic.
I took care of that problem and now it’s a life and it’s charging 14.8 very nice. So I guess that was mine mistake I just didn’t know that you can pull the 3 wires tighter thru that rubber spacer. I was thinking that rubber permanently attached but it’s sliding and you can make wires tighter so wires be tight.
Thank you everyon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts