Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after some debate it turns out I am going to put my 89 1100 on the street......here are some of my ideas for my plate.......
clasic
oldgix
olskool
old11
riceme
rice
dragme
hogkilr (askin for trouble on this 1 lol)
opinions? please help me pick 1, non of these plates are taken in maine right now...........any other ideas welcomed

thank u

·
Registered
176 Posts
In my line of work, I appreciated the time I saw
"HIOFICR"
Of course, some states only allow you six characters, so that won't work everywhere.

Oh, and I'm a police officer.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I sorta like "HOGKILR"... I guess it all depends on where you ride and stuff... I used to tease back and forth with my friends who have harleys, and I even wore a t-shirt to bikeweek in `93 that said "I'd rather eat worms than ride a harley-davidson" ... but I guess that wasn't the smartest thing I ever did... had a great time, exchanged some friendly jibes with new people, and nobody tried to make me eat any worms.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
As a big fan of persolalized plates here are the ones on some of my vechicles:

NOCTEM (Night in Latin) is on my weekend bike that only sees ride night use 88 7-11

GIXXER is on my truck (just got that one in the mail yesterday.

BONES is on my CR500 Motard

I like "HD SUX" or "NO H2O"

My state only allows 6 letters and as you order online the computer kicks back any non allowable designs. If your state has 7 letters you have alot more options.

Bones

·
Super Moderator
17,291 Posts
I like "FUK U"...U think they would issue me that one???

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys........I think im leaning towards "olskool" right now. Something about old gixxers......they were so ahead of there time when they came out.....and dispite all the fancy new bikes, I still like to think they can hold there own. Sad that many old gixxers are abused and used as starter bikes by many kids. I really wanna buy an 86 1100 someday but its getting harder and harder to find them in good shape

·
Registered
468 Posts
Definitely go with OLSKOOL.
I wish I would have went for a personalized plate; instead, I applied for a PA 'Classic Vehicle' tag for my '86. I liked the idea but didn't see a picture of the tag itself-- it looks like crap. White background and light purple lettering that looks like a half-assed paint job. The boys in prison must have been thinking about being Bubba's 'Bitch' or something.
I put it on anyway. Gotten a few comments so far.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I really like "OLSKOOL", unfortunately NY only allows 6 digits on bikes so I am thinking of going with "G1XXER" or "OLGSXR". I would definitely go with olskool though.

John

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nuf said "olskool" it is......thank you very much guys you made the choice much easier!! Plus thats the 1 I liked the best but I really needed some other opinions to make my mind up>>>>>>>

I'll post a pic of the plate on the bike when I get it!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
we only get 5 characters.

ZXETR
10SEC(better be able to back it up)
BUHBY
GIXER
89GIX
SEEYA
86GIX

How about FINE89?