Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up some parts from e-bay.

I got the front calipers for 65.99 ea. and the rear for 62.99 with buy-it-now.

I got the forks for 169.99 for the rh and 145.99 for the left also buy-it-now. I guess he thought that this little scratch was worth taking 20.00 off.

I am going to put them all on the 90 1100 as well as the NOS yosh rear sets that I got for 150.00 last month. should work great with the Ohlins rear shock and perfect stock Wht/Blu bodywork.
Does any one know if the 1000 tubes will fit in 93-95 750 clamps? I have a black Yosh upper tripple that I think would look great with these forks. I can check when they get here a week from now but would like to know now.
Bones

[ 05-27-2002, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: Bones_GSXR ]

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Bones, Bones , Bones, yer just a big copy cat
, I had the 1K stuff first ya know good score

I will get that paypal to ya this week for the cool-air stuff...
-Karl

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
very nice , look forward to installed pics

Andy

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Just an FYI (confirm with dealer/1000 forum):

Apparently, the GSXR1000 forks use a zero weight fork fluid (not really the same as the SAE 0w, but what the fuck). What I heard from a dealer was that it is a no-no to just clean/preen/fill with any old fork oil/fluid. It was a warranty claim where the forks were fucked and returned to Suzuki for a new pair (they did the exchange).

For the life of me, I don't know what could be so sensitive in a cartridge fork that the 'wrong' weight/make of fluid could cause a fucking meltdown, but since you aren't running on a warranty, thought I'd pass it on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts