Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...you can't really tell, but I had my bike painted. Mainly just a few needed repairs and a few fresh coats of clear coat. Was all set to change the color to Burgundy/Wine with huge metal flakes, but the Japanese guy talked me out of it. Stressed how important it was to keep Suzuki colors.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! You know...it was a wise decision. Especially since my leathers kinda match the paint scheme.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
It does look very sharp
I'm glad to see you used the stock colors. I see a lot of custom color old shcools. It's so nice to see the factory colors

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I know.
You know how it is. You do everything you can to keep your stuff looking nice and it seems like the entire world is out to scratch your bike or cause you to crash. But you know what I hate most? The people that when they find out you have a sportbike, they start hounding on the negative and repeatedly saying, "you'd better be careful on that thing". Almost as if they want something to happen.
[email protected]! I'm 31 years old and have been riding for 20 of those. I know the risk. Everything comes with certain level of risk. Walking down the street is taking a risk. You could get rob, murdered, or even a car could jump the curb and run you down. The last thing I want is to stand there listening to someone with a sh!t-eating grin on their face telling me to be careful.
ooops...was I venting? lol.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by Smokinn:
Yeah I know.
You know how it is. You do everything you can to keep your stuff looking nice and it seems like the entire world is out to scratch your bike or cause you to crash. But you know what I hate most? The people that when they find out you have a sportbike, they start hounding on the negative and repeatedly saying, "you'd better be careful on that thing". Almost as if they want something to happen.
[email protected]! I'm 31 years old and have been riding for 20 of those. I know the risk. Everything comes with certain level of risk. Walking down the street is taking a risk. You could get rob, murdered, or even a car could jump the curb and run you down. The last thing I want is to stand there listening to someone with a sh!t-eating grin on their face telling me to be careful.
ooops...was I venting? lol.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">My personal favorite is when the scaredy-cats start tossing out hypothetical scenarios... like:

moron- "What do you do if someone pulls out in front of you?"

me- "Go around them."

moron- "What if there's nowhere to go?"

me- "Then I'd stop the bike."

moron- <worried look> "What if you don't have enough room to stop?"

me- "These things have really good brakes and can squeeze by where there's no room for a car to go..."

moron- "But *what if* you simply don't have *any* room at all to squeeze past and there's absolutely not enough space to get stopped?"

me <sadistic gleam in eye> "Well, in *that* case, the only thing to do is gas it and aim for the driver's head."

...it's fun to play with `em if ya know how...

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
HAHA I know what you guys mean. I've done everything I cant o keep my bike in great shape but it always seems like something. Over the summer some kids knocked my bike over, I heard the alarm and came outside and saw it laying on its side. Scratched up the lower, and the barends. I replaced the barends, and reparied the lower. Then 2 weeks later, we had a big windstorm, and I came out the next day and the upper right "ear" had been shattered (I'm assuming from the high speed blowing into the cover, which was pushing on the mirror. I ended up reapairing all that too, and it looks pretty good. The point is, I haven't done anything to damage the bike, but its been damaged twice in the past year.
Bike damage you don't cause

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
That;s a fine looking bike. Mine is non standard and I need a change. I've bought leathers and a lid n blue/red/silver/black so it's llooking like a modern GSXR paintjob for me.............

Andy

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
WOW... That bike looks amazingly nice... **wipes drool off keyboard** NOw just be careful with her to keep her looking that way!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts