Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I would get my foot in the door and say hello to everyone!! From Michigan where its nice and cold (most of the time). And about 3 weeks ago I purchased an 01 gsxr600. She was blue and white when I got her and after 3 days of painstaking painting on my husband and I's part this is what she looks like now!

I cant wait to get to know everyone and learn more!! Looking forward to it!

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Welcome. Any prior riding experience before the 600?

·
Rectum Rupticus
9,918 Posts
Welcome. I'm not really a fan of Pink but that looks really nice . Great job . K1-K3 600/750'S for the win .:punk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nice ride. I usually don't like pink, but the design makes it really pop! How long have you been riding? You got your bike just in time for winter, huh? :) Its going to make for a long wait until spring. I know last year was hell for me during the winter. All I could do is look at my bike all winter. UGH! And I live in the high desert of Cali where we have 9 months of riding season.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome. Any prior riding experience before the 600?
No Expierence at all lol. I literally wanted a bike. Saw this one on craigslist but it was blue and white. Got the money, went to pick it up, and drive it home. I was terrified haha!! But in a month I learned real quick!! So Ive only been riding since August of 2013!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice ride. I usually don't like pink, but the design makes it really pop! How long have you been riding? You got your bike just in time for winter, huh? :) Its going to make for a long wait until spring. I know last year was hell for me during the winter. All I could do is look at my bike all winter. UGH! And I live in the high desert of Cali where we have 9 months of riding season.
Thank you! Ive only been riding for a few months and yes its going to make for a long winter!! But I get to work on her and make her even prettier for spring!! I wish I had 9 months of riding season!!! Lucky!!!

·
I'm Sticking Around
1,665 Posts
No Expierence at all lol. I literally wanted a bike. Saw this one on craigslist but it was blue and white. Got the money, went to pick it up, and drive it home. I was terrified haha!! But in a month I learned real quick!! So Ive only been riding since August of 2013!
Wow! That's a lot of bike for a beginner. MSF course and any other training/practice you can get is my recommendation. Pretty lookin' bike!

Ive only been riding for a few months and yes its going to make for a long winter!! But I get to work on her and make her even prettier for spring!! I wish I had 9 months of riding season!!! Lucky!!!
Spend your GDC browsing time viewing the stickies (if you haven't already). Lots of good info in there and interesting threads regarding "first bike".

Ed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
GSXR7ED
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing